Chapter 50

She said, "And when they ask you about me and you find yourself thinking back on all of our memories, I hope you ache with regret as the truth hits you like a bullet and you find yourself replying, 'she loved me more than anyone else in the entire world and I destroyed her.'" -unknown

♥♥♥

♪Listening suggestion: Sad Song by We The Kings

----------

Shoto's POV

     "No, (Y/N), look at me." I pushed back the hair that had fallen over her face. My heart was pounding, and my stomach was churning in fear. "I'm right here, please wake up!"

     I shook her, harder and harder with no response. I felt for a pulse; it was hardly there, and her breathing was extremely shallow. I did what I could, which was give her rescue breaths that would hopefully revive her a bit, and hold her tightly to my left side to keep her warm. The shirt I was firmly holding to her head was soaked through, but at least I could feel the blood slowly starting to clot.

     Every few seconds, I would put my mouth to hers and blow air. Ignoring all the sensations it was giving me in my head, I kept going. 

    "(Y/N), please don't leave me, I'm begging you. Come on, wake up! I'm here, I'm right here . . ." Everything that was wrong between us suddenly seemed pathetic. It hurt at the time that she kissed Bakugo, but now that seemed like nothing. Mistakes and all, I needed (Y/N). I needed her light to shine in my dark world. My life was better after I met her.

     And I refused to see from her side of the story, and threw it all away. I threw her love back at her face and walked away. She tried to help me at the gym when my hateful dad was "training" me, but I snapped at her and lifted the damn weights. I thought that she made my life worse, stealing my heart and then breaking it, forcing me to deal with the aftermath on top of everything else. But then I remembered that I never told her any of my backstory. I was this selfish, stubborn, closed-off thing that didn't deserve to have the beautiful, caring, loyal person that was (Y/N)(L/N). It was all the opposite; she made my life better. She made my world brighter. It didn't even matter what effect she had on me. Everything I did, I wanted to do it for her. Everything for herAnything for her, because I loved her. I always would.

  (Hey peeps, not that I wanna crush the souls of ya'll, but listen to this now. It really adds ToT)  

     It wasn't until now that I truly understood what a privilege to me her love was. Even before our fight, I now realized still how unaware I was. She loved me fearlessly, even when I was out with Taega she never gave up on me. She was a fierce, irreplaceable friend. She'd follow me anywhere no matter the cost. She never stopped chasing me, back when I was blind to my emotions. I didn't deserve any of it, not an ounce. Yet, how could I not see it until now? Now, when I had lost everything.  

     My mind drifted back to her heart-wrenching violin solo, and how it had seeped into the very core of me. I remembered her confession in the garden, when she had started crying and telling me everything. I remembered holding her in my arms and comforting her, promising to save her before dancing around outside with only night sounds as out music. I began to think about our heated make-out sessions, like the time in my room when Aizawa caught us on the floor.  All our memories, both happy and sad, flashed before me all at once. It was as if I was the one that was dying, not her.

     My eyes were brimming with tears that I couldn't hold back. I broke down like a child, laying my head on (Y/N)'s limp form. Kaito was right, I am a dumbass.

     I held her hand tightly in mine and kissed it. "You can't leave me, baby . . . you can't go. (Y/N) . . . can you even hear me??? Come back to me!"

     I sucked in a deep breath. This can't be the end! It can't! I'm not ready to say goodbye, I just can't . . . if you die, I don't know what I'd do without you!

     I sound like I only care about myself, I thought. But of course I didn't want her to die this way; I wanted to help her escape, help her see freedom. But because of me, she never will. It's because of this sudden plan of mine that she's here dying and there's nothing else I can do. Nothing else. The pain in my chest though, knowing I'd never be able to be with her, was the worst of all.

     Damn it, I should have just kissed her outside.

     I continued to try getting her to breathe stronger, but just like her vanishing heart rate, my emotions were weakening me and soon I had no affect on her.

     I refused to let her go now, though.

     I knew it wasn't going to be safe here forever, so I picked her up and crept to the door. I opened it slightly and peered outside. No one was in view, and I heard nothing.

     I didn't know the building at all, so I was forced to trust my instincts in determining the best way out. I hurried through hallway after hallway, up and down one staircase after another, and sneaking through what felt like almost every door in the agency that wasn't locked. So far we hadn't been discovered, but I wasn't sure how long it would last. 

     I soon had to accept the fact that I was lost. The place made no sense to me, and since my cell was unknown to the agency, I could get no signal at all. I wasn't about to panic, though.

     There was a distant, but growing sound of running feet and voices. 

     I looked around. There was no door that I'd be able to escape through. There were no windows, just the long hallway I was in that lead to yet another staircase in this labyrinth of a building.

     Think, think . . . I looked down at (Y/N) in my arms, pale and death-like. Every minute I spent in this maze she was languishing away. My heart felt like it was penetrated with a thousand spears, and I felt sick.

     Was I going to be the reason she dies?

     I decided that if we were to get caught, I'd offer them a deal. They could take me, do whatever they wanted with me, even if it meant me being pulled apart limb by limb as long as they released (Y/N) and allowed her to receive the medical attention she so desperately needed. That is, if she was able to hold long enough.

     I choked back tears at the thought that I could loose her at any moment.

     Nothing would stop those running feet from moving closer and closer.

     Quickly, I began feeling the floor with my feet, for a trap door or something. I wasn't sure how many stories up we were anymore, but all I knew was that this place was filled with secret passages and corridors.

     Come on, come on . . . I thought, praying for some kind of escape.

     Suddenly, I heard a loud, hollow sound beneath one of the tiles. It felt like a miracle.

     Carefully, I placed (Y/N) on the floor while I lifted up the tile, revealing a large, dark hole. I was going to take my chances before I changed my mind.

     Holding (Y/N) tightly to me, I slipped through, soon realizing I was met with what must have been a twenty foot drop.

----------

Heyyyyy everyone :) Hoped you liked this chapter, I've been busy so this story is kind of on the back burner right now. Although don't worry, updates will keep coming slowly but surely.

Also majority of you all wanted to keep our protagonist as (Y/N), so we'll stick with that :D