Chapter 23

"We destroy the things we fear;  sometimes, some of us are afraid to love, afraid that it leaves us vulnerable, exposed and open, afraid that it may destroy us, and so we destroy instead." -Daniel Saint

♥♥♥

♪Listening suggestion: What Are You Afraid Of by Kerrie Roberts

----------

After the competition, (Y/N)'s POV

     It was a zoo outside the auditorium after the competition ended. There were so many people, I literally found myself squeezing through the crowd for ten minutes before I found anyone I knew. Along the way, I lost track of how many people congratulated me.

     "Your playing was so beautiful, dear!"

     "You've touched our hearts with that song you played!"

     "I've never seen so much talent in such a young person. Keep it up!"

     "You were amazing, I'm rooting for you!"

     These and many others I was told as I passed by. I acknowledged every one and humbly thanked them. 

     Eventually, Mikura found me and nearly knocked me over with a giant hug. 

     "That was the best thing you've ever played! And you were so emotional . . . you were even crying towards the end, and that had me bawling my eyes out! I love you so much (Y/N)! I've never been more honored to be your friend!"

     "I love you too, Mikura!"

     She let me go. Taking my hand, she lead my through the labyrinth of people.

     "Where are we going?" I asked as I allowed her to pull me along.

     "Your U.A. friends! I found them before I found you, and we agreed to meet up near the main office, where there's less people. Shoto was so shook. . . they all were!"

     I followed her faster. My heart was starting to beat fast again when she mentioned his name. What am I even going to say to him?! 

     Presently, we joined the group near the agreed-upon office, were it was significantly quieter. The whole U.A. group was there, and they took no time to shower me with love and congratulations.

     Uraraka gave me a big hug the moment she saw me. "That was the most beautiful thing I've ever heard! You were absolutely incredible!!!" She laughed.

     "Thanks!" I said as I hugged her back.

     After that Midoriya gave me a hug, and Kirishima patted me on the head.

     "I couldn't believe all that sound was coming out of that little violin!" Kirishima exclaimed. "It was insane!"

     "That indeed was a privilege to witness," Iida complimented in his professional manner.

     Bakugo came up to me, hands in pockets. "I don't say stuff like this to people often . . . but that was pretty cool." He hesitated a few seconds, then hugged me.

     He's actually hugging me?! What the heck?! I was mind-blown, but of course I only squeezed him back. "Thank you, Kacchan."

     After he let go and stepped aside, my eyes wandered to Shoto, who was standing quietly in the back as always. He was looking at me, with an expression I'd never seen before. I couldn't tell if he was proud, or happy, or even sad.