Chapter 11

"Every butterfly in the world has migrated to my stomach." -Tahereh Mafi

♥♥♥

♪Listening suggestion: Somebody To You by The Vamps ft. Demi Lovato

----------

(Y/N)'s POV

     I looked up at Shoto again, and decided to be bold. I'll ask him how his day's been, that's not weird at all, right? 

     "So, Sho-" I was cut off.

     "Mika! (Annoying nickname for yourself you've never been called before)! Are these pretty boys some of your friends?" The new girl Taega pranced into our circle.

     "It's Mikura and (Y/N)", Mikura corrected, her voice filled with ice.

     I rolled my eyes and stared at the grass.

     Bakugo, Midoriya, and Uraraka stood up.

     Friendly Midoriya was the first to outstretch his hand. "Hi there, I'm Izuku Midoriya!"

     Taega shook his hand. "My pleasure to meet you, Izuku! I'm Taega, and I'm new to this school. I just moved here from Yokohama." She turned to Bakugo, completely disregarding Uraraka.

     I heard Uraraka whisper "ouch" to herself.

     "I'm Bakugo and we all go to U.A. High," he hotly introduced.

     Taega muffled a squeal with her hands. "Wait, as in the U.A. High! And you're Bakugo?! You won the sports festival! I was so on edge as I watched you battle Todo-"

     Suddenly, her eyes landed on Shoto, who had been standing there in silence the whole time.

     This time, the scream wasn't muffled. It pierced our ears.

     "Todoroki! I was watching you at the sports festival and you were incredible!!!! The way you generate that ice and the way you blew up the whole arena with fire?! That was insane!"

     Shoto only shrugged. "Honestly, I couldn't have done it without Midoriya. He was a true friend to me that day." He gave Midoriya a slight smile.

     The girl turned around to glance at Midoriya. "Oh yes, and you were great too."

     Within a second, however, all her attention was back to Shoto. Bakugo, Midoriya, Uraraka, Mikura and I no longer existed. 

     I whispered to them, "let's go now. I don't wanna be here anymore."

     "Neither do I," Uraraka responded. "I might just go to the school cafeteria, now. You coming Deku? Bakugo?"

     We parted ways; Midoriya, Uraraka, and Bakugo returning to U.A., and Mikura and I trudging back to our academy. As we went, I looked back at Taega, who was smothering Shoto with her loud voice. I felt a pang in my heart.

     It was awfully irritating that she was even talking to him, but what hurt the most was that Shoto was reciprocating...just a little.

----------

After school, back at the agency. (Y/N)'s POV 

     I sadly twirled my pencil in my hand as I stared at a sheet of my notebook that should've been blank. Instead, it featured names like Mrs. Todoroki, (Y/N) Todoroki, or (Y/N) (L/N)-Todoroki all in various hand written fonts. I'd doodled it the night after I went to Shoto's house, before things became weird. But now, things were so much worse.