Chapter 42

"'Sorry' works when a mistake was made, but not when trust is broken. So in life, make mistakes but never break trust. Because forgiving is easy, but forgetting and trusting again is sometimes impossible." ~Unknown

♥♥♥

♪Listening suggestion: Perfect by Hedley

----------

Shoto's POV

     Fists clenched, Bakugo began walking away into the building implying for me to follow. His broad shoulders were swaying and I could tell the atrocious amount of swag in his walk was supposed to intimidate me.

     It did no such thing as I started after him, speed walking to catch up.

    Through hallways and up staircases, I wondered if he actually wanted to fight or just talk. I preferred to fight outside as my quirk was difficult for me to control, but maybe Bakugo didn't want the whole school to see us fighting as they approached the dorms. I could learn to respect that.

     Presently, we stopped at Bakugo's door on the fourth floor and he flung it open.

     "STEP INSIDE, ICY-HOT!!!" he bellowed before stomping inside.

     I entered, but didn't close the door. Standing in the middle of the room, I crossed my arms. "Tell me the story, Bakugo. The whole, damn thing."

     He finally faced me, irritation written all over his attractive face. "FINE! I F*CKING ADMIT IT!!!! I KISSED (Y/N) A WHILE AGO AFTER SCHOOL, BUT WE SWORE TO KEEP IT A SECRET!!! I DON'T F*CKING KNOW HOW TAEGA KNOWS SO SHUT IT!!!!!" He released a blast of fire directly at me.

     If I had been anymore pissed off, I would've been a dragon. I unleashed an onslaught of my own flames to counteract his attack, which created a huge explosion in the middle of the room. It sent me flying backwards out the door into the hall, and Bakugo straight through his window.

     I grimaced at the startling noise of the window being smashed into a thousand fragments. I quickly shook it off. At this point I was going to go for it.

     "DAMN YOU ICY-HOT BASTARD!!!! YOU'RE DESTROYING MY ROOM!!! WHY DON'T YOU JUST GET THE HELL OUT?!?!?!?!?!?!" Bakugo's voice rang loud and clear, notifying me that I was returning fast.

     "THE HELL, WHY'D YOU KISS HER IN THE FIRST PLACE?!" I raged as I grew a giant ice blockade from my foot, letting it protrude all the way out the window. The irony in his words was ridiculous; he invited me into his room and then gave the first blast.

     Bakugo had slipped in just before I cast the ice.

     "I LOVE (Y/N), OKAY?!?!" he screamed, convincingly at the very top of his lungs. "I'VE ACCEPTED THE FACT THAT SHE HAS YOU, BUT I JUST HAD TO KNOW WHAT IT FELT LIKE!!! I HAD TO KNOW WHAT IT WAS LIKE TO KISS HER!!!!"

     "YOU BASTARD, AND SHE KISSED YOU BACK?!"  I hurled a whirlwind of fire in his direction, which he effortlessly dodged.

     Flying about the room, my opponent tried roasting me with blasts from four different angles. It was easy to block them all.

     "AS A MATTER OF FACT, YES!!! SHE KNOWS I LOVE HER, BUT SHE IS CONVINCED SHE LOVES YOUR STUCK-UP ASS!!! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE ALREADY!!!!" He then gave an aerial assault, which nearly scalded me had I not blocked it with my frost.