05

"I haven't seen her in person in a while though, only on social platforms," I spoke to my party, which consisted of my associates from back home.

I went back to the fast life, selling on the busy streets. I had some competition here though, back home isn't as populated, and that's what I forgot.

I told Ma I got a job because she started getting suspicious as to where all my money was coming from. I could already hear calling me by my full name to have a talk with her.

I've been trying my hardest to not start any beef or to mix myself in with it because I'm not trying to give poor Cleopatra a heart attack.

Speaking of Cleopatra,

"Onfroy!" She yelled from the bottom of the steps.

I stopped my game and got up, opening my door.

"Yeah?" I said from the top of the steps, looking at her.

"I need you to run to the store for me, I was about to start cooking but I forgot some things."

After her telling me what she needed I slid on a sweatshirt and my dog collar. I grabbed my phone and headed out.

I got in my car and turned on my engine. I fixed my rearview mirror and looked at myself in it. I turned my neck and saw that a hickey was fading. I shook my head and put on my seatbelt.

As I was listening to one of my songs I made in the studio for fun, Veronica started to call me.

"Hi, Ms.V," I said politely.

"Hello, Jahseh! When are you coming back for a session? I have your name in my appointment book and you missed two already. Whats going on?" She asks.

I hung up.

I had no patience to explain to her why I wasn't coming. I wasn't showing up because I didn't want to anymore.

I understand that speaking about your problems may help you feel relieved, but I'll never feel relieved.

I shook the thoughts out of my head because I wasn't trying to put myself in a bad mood, knowing I was well at doing so.

In a couple of minutes, I pulled into our local supermarket and parked. I stepped out of my car and locked the doors.

Walking in I saw a couple stare, I looked at them back blankly.

I picked up a basket and walked to the fresh produce section, looking at my phone seeing the list of shit my mom just has to have.

First, it was 2 pineapples.

How do you pick out pineapples? I started to examine them, trying to see if they have brown spots.

I only know how to pick out bananas, apples, and mangoes.

"Pull one of the leaves out." a feminine voice said.

I turned my head and saw that pretty Imani girl pushing her cart towards me, stopping at the pineapples too. Her cart was practically full already.

I turned my head back at the fruit so I didn't have to look at her in her eyes, sliding my phone in my back pocket.

I picked out two pineapples and thanked her for helping me, she said no problem and started to walk away.

"I see you don't like answering messages," I said as she was about to turn the corner.

"First of all, I'm better at calls." She says.

"So then why I never got one?" I asked, smiling.

"You'll get one tonight." She answers.

"I'd rather go out with you tonight though."

"You're pushing it, loverboy." She smiles and walks away.

I kept shopping for the ingredients on the list, going to the cashier, paying and loading my car up.

As I sat down and started the car up, I got another call, but from an unsaved number.

"Hello?" I said, a bit annoyed, I feel like I've had too much-unannounced interactions today already.

"You sound like you haven't had a good pussy in a long time nigga." The familiar voice said to me.

"Stokeley?" I questioned in surprise, that's when I got the facetime call.

"What the fuck man?" I screamed, happy to see my bro.

"How's my seed doing?" He asks, smiling in the camera, his face is a little too close.

"First off, you're my seed, and you didn't go to jail?" I asked.

"Nah, not enough evidence, you know how that goes."

I most definitely know how that goes.

We continued speaking while I drove my way home, but he had to hang up sooner or later so I told him I'll catch him somewhere soon.

__________________

This is the shortest chapter I've written so far, but it's going to get better soon, I promise. I'm also trying to use Ski and Trippie in different ways, so don't hate me when the book progresses 😩, chapter 6 is coming soon though, make sure you leave comments and you vote! It's appreciated ❤️.

Has anyone else been listening to a lot of X, I've been listening to him more than usual because idk, i just miss him a lot, even though I didn't know him personally, It's just the impact that boy put on my life, shits crazy out there man.