27

"So you fucking stay and talk with him?" Jahseh yells, slamming the steering wheel as we stopped at a red light.

"He was legit blocking the door! I even hit him, I tried to ignore him-"

"Well, you obviously didn't try hard enough because now he thinks he may actually have a chance with you!" He snarled at me.

Okay, let me rewind, because this whole week has been complete chaos. Let's start Tuesday night, about 4 days after I was in the booth with Jahseh.

I had just got off work and I got a call from an unknown number, but it wasn't a number that started with 800 or 888, it actually had a legit area code, so I answered it. I don't save numbers anyway, so how would I even know it was a stranger, it was probably someone far down in my messages.

So as I'm putting my seatbelt on, I kept saying hello, about 3 times, getting a little aggravated. I was about to hang up when the person said my name.

It was a man for sure, or a girl just took a lot of testosterone, so I'm like, 'who is this?'

It was Elijah's friend, who was there the night that Jahseh took me out on a movie date, he was telling me that Elijah was in trouble and all this bullshit and that I had to come to get him.

Now, I know, you're probably like 'you're a dumb bitch for going to go get him' and honestly... you right.

Trust me, I told the boy to tell him to get his multiple girlfriends to go get him, I was being a petty queen but he just insisted on having me come.

But, he wasn't specifying what type of trouble he was in, he just bluntly said trouble, so, I dropped my car home and just walked to the address the boy sent me. I don't even know his name.

So now, I get there and there's a party, which is kind of weird considering it's a Tuesday night, but it's whatever, I looked passed it and walked inside.

I was never used to going to parties by myself either, so you already knew my anxiety was through the fucking roof.

I saw Elijah arguing with some boy in the kitchen, so I walked in and casually pulled Elijah's arm, not even tugging, just pulling him by the side door, where no one was really at.

"So, why were you arguing?" I asked, crossing my arms. I didn't really care at the moment though, I wanted to go home, I was tired too.

He just stared at me, with the widest pupils ever.

"Hello? Earth to Elijah." I said, waving my hand in his face to get him out of his trance.

"Oh yeah, uh, he was just being disrespectful." He answered, still being a little shaken.

"Being disrespectful how?" I asked. I wanted to know why this argument had anything to with me.

"He said that I was a horrible boyfriend to you and that he should've tyb'd me a long time ago. He started talking about how I wasted your time and all this stuff, he just got me tight." He said while rolling his eyes, looking around to not meet my gaze.

I started to laugh, like really laugh.

The thing is, he was a horrible boyfriend, he did waste my time and his friend should've taken me from him, would've helped me come out of my misery a bit.

"What's funny?" He asked, a bit confused. I looked at his face and his eyes were a bit red, his facial expression wasn't so stone, like how it always was. Yeah, he was drunk.

I didn't understand why I was brought here for that, in the amount of time it took me to even fucking come here, I would've thought someone would've been getting their ass beat. This just didn't make any sense to me.