41

I turned and looked at Jahseh, my eyes growing a bit wide.

"Nigga, you will get your head blown off!" Michael yelled through the phone.

"You won't do shit, all you do is talk." Jahseh growled back.

"Baby cuz, give this pussy ass nigga the phone!" Michael yelled. I didn't even have to move because Jahseh snatched the phone.

"I'll fuck you up, pussy ass bitch!" Jahesh yelled into the phone, staring at the screen.

"Nigga try me! Niggas in your circle don't even fuck with you how you think they do!" Michael yelled back.

My heart dropped at what he said, but they just kept going back and forth.

"My boys are ride or die type niggas, so what the fuck do you mean?" He questioned back, screwing up his face.

"They not dying for you, so I don't know what you're chatting about." Michael said in the calmest tone, trying to be an asshole.

I snatch my phone from him and tell them both to cut it out, I hate when people fucking argue.

I'm so contradicting sometimes because I argue with anyone and everyone.

"His fate coming real soon, just wait on it nigga! Baby cuz, I'll hit you up soon, stay away from this bitch ass thot." Michael said, blowing a kiss at me, hanging up the phone.

I turned to Jahseh and set my phone down, realizing the was laying on the couch on his stomach, his head buried in his arms.

Do I touch him?

I decided against it when I saw his body shaking. Yeah, he's beyond mad, he's pissed.

"Jah?" I questioned, hoping he would answer. I heard him take in a deep breath, but no actual words.

I didn't say anything and just gave him some time alone, so I simply started looking at the technology in front of me.

I don't blame him for being angry, but if this was the Jahseh I first met, I feel like he would've zoomed out of here to go fight Mikey.

I saw a play button so I simply clicked it, waiting a few seconds.

A very upbeat tune came on and I started to smile. I would've expected a more mellow song because of the terrible mind space he's in right now.

"Runin' from different enemies and the thoughts in my head." I heard his autotuned voice say.

I turned around to face him and he was already staring at me.

"I like this song, I feel like a pop star." He said, laughing.

I laughed with him and paused it, bringing my attention back to him.

"What was that call about?" I asked him.

"Basically, a record label wants to sign me, they're saying how I would get more popularity from being under a brand name. I don't know how I feel about it though. My fanbase and music are expanding without being under a dumbass contract." He answered, sitting up on the couch.

He also told me that the whole label idea doesn't really suit him at the moment. He doesn't want to be constricted by what he's able to do, so he would rather be on his own for now.

I feel like that's a whole lot of bullshit though. I know he had to speak up about some type of shit with creativity. And also, if they know they're calling someone who is an out of the box creator, why would they want to change him?

Whatever.

"How's your YouTube channel going?" He asked while walking over to me, sitting in the chair next to mine.

"It's mad ass." I answered bluntly, which made myself laugh.

"What do you mean?" He asked me, laughing a bit and my answer choice.

"I'm just not following through, I'm usually a very determined person but I don't know about that. It's so much work for me to only put out a 7-8 minute video? Are you kidding me?"

"But think about everyone that's enjoying your work though. It doesn't go to waste kid." He said, leaning back.

"Kid?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. He shrugged and flashed me a cheesy grin.

"Anyway, I also don't know what to put out there. Some of the things I do, a bunch of people who aren't as urban as I am would tell me I'm the most ghetto human being when I'm barely even 10%." I said, rolling my eyes.

"You basically mean the white people?" He asked me.

"Yes! But there's also white people that know wassup, don't get me wrong. Would you want to do a video with me? People keep asking."

"You know I hate being on cameras, I'm a lil' ugly nigga." He laughed, taking a sip of water.

"You know I hate when you call yourself ugly, you're a beauty!" I over-exaggerated. I rolled his eyes but agreed. We just didn't know when we'll do it.

I ended up falling asleep after he started editing his music. Listening to his voice just soothed me. I feel like he's my peace sometimes.

Fuck that,

He is my peace.

_______

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 20K! My first chapter also touched 1k reads as well. In one day I got about 2.5k reads which is a record for me. My ratings are amazing as well, in most of my hashtags I'm either in the top 5 or top 10. Thank you for voting/commenting and giving me encouragement to finish this book.