Cant do it without you

Toni's POV
"KAIT!!!" I scream as she slips into the river.
I hear everyone running from behind me as I try to find her. The water is murky so I dive in. I see her a few feet from where she originally fell in. She was struggling, her foot was caught on a root but she calmy swam down to her own foot and pulled it out. I frantically swam towards her and grabbed her just as her foot became loose and dragged her back to the surface. I see Cheryl on the phone in tears and the boys looking down in the water trying to find us.
"Over HERE," I scream falling back under water still holding Kait above water. I feel Kait get lifted from my arms and I fall backwards, I can't move. Sweetpea lifts me out of the water and I try to cough up water.
"TONI, TONI. Babe come back to me, I can't do this alone. Toni, Kait's fine ok. You saved her, T you have to come back. PLEASE, The ambulance is on it's way," Cheryl says through her sobs, I can hear her but I just can't move.
"Toni," I hear a less than familiar voice, "I'm sorry I didn't mean to fall in I just slipped, I'm so sorry," It's Kait she's crying, I feel her hug me and finally I can snap out of it. I turn away from Kait and cough up water. I turn back and hug Kait.
"It's okay baby don't cry, I'm okay, I'm okay," I say
"I'm sorry Toni, I'm sorry," Kait says back
"Cher, where are you?" I say looking up
" Right Here TT, Right here," She says as she bends down and hugs both me and Kait
"Kait, is your foot okay?" Pea asks from a couple feet away
"Ya why? Oh no..." She starts
Kait's foot had a very deep cut through it and was bleeding very bad. Kait saw it and fainted right away. I started feeling faint as well and layed back down.
"The ambulances are here," Cheryl says in a panic voice.
The paramedics load Kait up first and then me onto the second one.
"Cher ride with Kait, boys take the bikes to the hospital, and call FP and Betty." I say faintly
"Yes ma'am," They all say with tears in their eyes with their joking salute, they go towards their bikes.
We drive to the hospital and when we get there they say I just need to rest and after a physical evauation, they release me and tell me to take it easy for a few days. I see Cher down the hallway a walk up to her.
"Babe," I say as I hug her "how is Kait doing?"
"Toni! I'm so glad your okay, she's still unconscious, but apparently we have a little athlete on our hands because she's really strong and a fighter. She had to have her foot stitched up and should wake up soon,"
"That's good, where are the boys?"
"Over there." she points behind me towards the waiting room.
"Do you mind if I go see them?" I ask
"No of course not, the doctor says she may not wake up for an hour or so, until the drugs wear off, so I'll come with you." She says as she grabs my hand.
We walk towards the waiting room and we start to hear our friends talking.
"Is Toni never not in the hospital?" I hear Jellybean ask and everyone starts laughing.
"Well, she's has been in here a lot lately," Cheryl jokes as she and I round the corner
"TOPAZ!" Fangs practically screams
"Hey bro," Jug says while hugging me
"Hey guys," I say
We talk for a bit, Cher not really able to joke or anything just sits in the chair beside mine with her head on my shoulder.
"Hey Cher, she'll be ok" I say
"I know, I know. I'm just worried,"
"It'll be ok," F.P. adds
We all sit in silence for a while until the nurse comes in.
"I'm looking for Kathryn's parents? She's starting to wake up and it's better if people are around her." The nurse says
"That's us," I say as Cher and I stand up.
We get to her room and we sit down in the chairs beside her bed.
"M-mom?" she says as she starts waking up and looks at Cheryl "M-mom?" She says as she turns to look at me.
"Hey sweetie," Cheryl says softly "How are you feeling?"
"Good, I just want to go home," She says looking up
"Well why don't I go ask the doctor if I can get you home?' Cheryl says as she gets up to find the doctor
"Hey Kait," I say grabbing her hand
"Hi, I'm sorry mom. I thought I could hit that deke, I just lost my footing and slipped. I tried to get out I swear. I'm sorry ."
"Hey, sweetie its okay, I'm okay. Come here," I bring my chair closer to her bed and hug her for a while.
I see Cheryl out of the door with the boys and Betty behind her.
"Hey kid," I say releasing from our hug "I think its time we get you back home,"
She nods and hops out of bed, hobbles over to Cheryl and hugs her.
"My two favourite girls both have a limp," Cheryl says jokingly "But kiddo before we leave we need to get you crutches. Doctor Mathers said you have to be on them for a few weeks."
"Ok," She replies
"He asked if you needed him to show you how to walk up and down the stairs and to show you how to get the hang of it." Cheryl added.
"Oh, they didn't tell you, I've broken my feet a couple times, so I'm on crutches at least once a year."
"Oh ok, ready to go home?"
"Ya" she says grabbing her crutches, she gives the boys hugs and turns to look at FP
"Oh uh Hi?"
"OH I forgot you two haven't met yet," Toni begins "Kait this is FP Jones, Jugheads dad."
"Oh cool, Hey FP."
"Hey Kiddo, Feel better okay?" FP says
"Will do,"
We begin walking to the bike.
"Uh moms?"
"Whats up Kait?" Cheryl asks
"My crutches aren't gunna fit on the bike." She says
"Right, T what do you want to do?"
"Call an uber, I'll meet you two at home," I say "Oh and babe I'll go pick something up at Pop's I'll be a couple ok?"
"Ok babe be safe," She says as she kisses me.
I head off with FP and the boys to go to Pop's.
"Toni! I searched up what an 'Iced Cap' is after your little one asked and I learned how to make it. Also something called a 'Timbit'. Apparently its a staple in a Canadians diet." Pop Tate says and laughs
"Really? Awe Pop thats so nice, I'll be sure to bring her by tommorow to say thanks."
I order and go sit down beside the boys while Pop gets my order ready.
"Tiny, how was your first day of Motherhood?" Fangs asks
"Well, Kait and I almost drowned, so I bet some mothers had better first days," i say defeated
"Let me tell you Toni, it took me 3 years to call my adoptive parents 'Mom and Dad', so the fact that on the first day she called both of you Mom, thats incredible," FP tells me
"Thanks F.P."
"Topaz, your order is ready," Pop says
"Go see your girls," Sweetpea says
"Bye boys, see you tomorrow," I wave on my way out
I ride to Thistlehouse and when I open the door I hear Kait say
"YES ITS TIME TO EAT!!!"
I get to the dining room and I see Cheryl setting out plates and Kait sitting there laughing at something Cher said.
"Hey Kait, you know how I said that everyone in this town has got your back?"
"Ya" she says excitedly
"Well, Pop Tate searched up what an iced cap is and... surprise," I say pulling out the Iced Cap
"COOL!" She said taking it out of my hands and sipping it "He's really good at it!"
"Ya and he also gave me a thing called a 'Timbit'?" I say kind of confused
"NO! THOSE USED TO BE MY FAVOURITE THING EVER!!"
We eat dinner (even though it was like 1 in the morning) and Cher tells Kait its time to go to bed
"Ok," she says
She goes to get dressed and brush her teeth and comes out with her blue jays jersey.
"Moms, is this ruined?" She says as she shows us the jersey that was stained with mud, blood, and drenched in water.
"I'm not sure kiddo, we'll try and fix this," I say giving the jersey to Cher
"Ok goodnight"
She goes to her room and instantly falls asleep. Cher and I go to our room and lie down.
"Goodnight babe," she says as she kisses me on the cheek
"Goodnight Cheryl, Love you."
"I love you too," she says as she falls asleep on my shoulder.
_________
A/N:
- Whoever has read the book since the begining you'll have seen 'B and V' In each Chapter.  I have changed all of the apperances to just B for an upcoming storyline.