Hospitals- our least favourite

A/N: Triggering
Tonis POV
We got to the hospital at the same time as Fangs, FP and Madi and Kait.
"Mom, whats going on?" Madi asks panicked
"I dont know yet sweetie, go with your sister and get some food ok? This is going to be a long night," Cheryl says handing her money "Don't let kait out of your sight and use the busy hallways not shortcuts,"
"Ok?" Madi says confused and walking away with kait
"T, Cher, whats happening?" Fangs asks
"I got a call from the hospital just before Mads called me. An unknown caller rang 911 and told them Tayleigh Topaz Blossom had been shot twice," I explain "And then Madi called and said Alex was missing too,"
"Topaz Blossom?" A doctor says peeking his head into the waiting room with only us in it
"Ya thats us,"
"We took a picture of the child and Dr. Pralice did say it looked like Tayleigh but he is not aloud to officially tell us her name."
"Show us the picture," Cheryl says
He takes out a printed photo of a little girl. She looks an awful lot like Tayleigh, lets get this bight- it is Tayleigh. But her blonde hair is died and hard with blood, he skin tone has lost all colour, the tube coming out of her mouth shows just enough of her teeth to show they are also died red from blood. There is mud and cuts all over her face and from what i can see-  a developing bruise on her collar bone.
"That's our daughter, Tayleigh," Cher says breaking the silence
"Do you a picture i can reference check with? We know she wont have ID since shes a kid so i just need something to show you know her," HE says with a damaged smile
Cher pulls out her phone and shows him her lock screen- a picture taken by alex of KT and Tayleigh

"Not that anyone can really tell the difference, but she's the one on the right," Cheryl says "Perfect, Thank you, I trust you but if i released medical information without having some sort of proof there'd be hell to pay,""How is she?" I ask hope...

"Perfect, Thank you, I trust you but if i released medical information without having some sort of proof there'd be hell to pay,"
"How is she?" I ask hopeful that she will be ok
"I regret to inform you that upon arriving on the scene your daughter was found by paramedics with a faint pulse and no breathing, around 2 miles from the hospital she did lose a pulse completely. The last update on her page was they got her back in surgery before crashing again and is in critical condition." He says looking at her chart "Our best team of surgeons and Doctor Pralice are working on her, but aren't positive what the outcome will be. I'm so sorry,"
"Thank you," I say as he nods and walks away
Cheryl and I both start crying at the same time but she collapses into my arms and I know I have to be strong for her and the 2 daughters that are still here and for Tay and Alex when they come back. Alex- I think
"Cher, I need to call Keller about Alex," I say sitting her down in one of the chairs
"I'm right here Toni." Kevin says walking around the corner "I was called about a shooting, about Tayleigh. What happened to Alex?"
Kevin and Alex were close, Alex wanted to be a forensic scientist or a detective one day so they would talk about policing whenever Kevin was over.
"She went missing, I got the call right after the call about Tay," I say
"Any idea who would do this?" He asks
"Take your pick Kev, a quarter of the city wants me dead, Cheryl has a psycho stalked who is also the girls teacher and on top of that Alex's ex boyfriend and the ghoulies want her out of the picture and me to be hurt,"
We contemplate for a few minutes, when Kevin gets a radio call.
"Sheriff Keller ; come in sheriff Keller,"
"Whats up Dave," He says calling the deputy
He leaves the room.
"Toni, hindsight is 20/20 but maybe Alex was saying goodbye before we left. she looked sad, she hugged us, she doesnt do that when we're leaving for an hour," She says "T what of we missed it, what if she was trying to protect us and something went wrong."
"Why would Tayleigh be there though babe? There is a lot of unanswered questions right now Cher,"
"I know, but I'm just trying to figure out how both Tayleigh and Alex got outside without Madi and Kait knowing. WHy if Alex did know she was in a dangerous situation she would let Tayleigh come with her." She says shaking her head "It has to be Dylan and the Ghoulies,"
"I think you're right Cher,"
I Kiss her cheek and lay my head on her shoulder when Kevin comes back in.
"Did Alex have a Black apple phone?" He asks
"Ya why?" I ask
"A phon was found at the scene smashed to pieces by a foot or something but the SIM card is still in tact, do we have your permission to scan the card for evidence?" He asks
"Yes of course,"
"Two more things, one although Alex and Tayleigh both left the house by themselves, we tracked footsteps that might have been Tayleigh and Alex's footsteps, based on their height and age. They were walking in soft mud that preserved it pretty well. the smaller prints, that were found around the crime scene and all the way to your driveway- which is why we think they're Tayleighs, are around 20 feet behind where Alex's last footsteps were- I dont know if that makes any sense but our theory is, Alex didnt know Tayleigh was following her. The next thing is Alex did start walking back towards your house and then began running at some point before we see a point of struggle. Basically all this means is that although Alex and Tayleigh both left your house on their free will- we believe Alex did not know Tayleigh was following her and made a decision to go back home before being taken against her will," He says "Do you know any reason Alex would leave the property or why Tayleigh would be following so far behind,"
"Well we told Alex and Madi to text or call fangs or FP if something happened, so there was no reason for her to leave," I say trying to find a reason
"But, if Alex had a lapse in sanity and left and Tay saw her she would've followed- Tay is a extremely curious kid," Cheryl says through sobs
"Can I talk to Madi, with you of course, just to see if there was an incident or fight or something that would've caused Alex to leave the residence?" He asks "Until we evaluate the SIM card we have no reason to believe Alex knew what was happened,"
"Of course," I say "She is actually right there,"
She and kait are walking towards the room. When they reach the room Madi asks right away
"Moms what is happening? Where are Alex and Tay?"
"Sit down Mads," I say ushering to the chairs across from me and beside Fangs and Pea.
She takes her seat and looks at me and Cheryl nervously.
"Tayleigh was found down the street, with... traumatic injuries," i say
"Like what? Hit by a car? Broken leg? What?" Madi asks panicking
"She was found with 2 gun shot wounds," Cheryl says from beside me
"And someone called it in and saved her life." Kevin says
"We think it was Alex, who is thought to be kidnapped," Cheryl says
"Cheryl, softer words," I whisper
"Sorry," She says back
Madi just looks at her hands.
"Track Alex's phone. I put a tracking device on her SIM card a while ago. After the Veronica incident."
"The person who took her smashed her phone," I say
We sit in silence for a few minutes before Kevins phone rings again.
He gets up and leaves before Betty and Alice run in.
"We just heard," Betty says hugging Cheryl
Alice hugs me. And we explain everything
"Cher lets go for a walk? Let Betty and Alice catch up with the girls," I say
She nods and takes my hand as we begin walking down the hall we see multiple reporters.
"Babe should we talk to them?" She asks looking at me
"I can if you're not up for it," I say stopping and rubbing her arm
"We can both do it," She says
"Ok, princess lets go," I say
"Cheryl, why did you leave your bid party so early?" One of them asks
"My wife got a call- one of my kids was in a... traumatic accident and another has gone missing," She says breaking down
"We will be available for comment tomorrow, but for now we wish to sort this out privately, more information on our daughters will be made available in order to track the older one down. We would appreciate peace and quiet as we work with Riverdale PD today to figure out who was behind this vicious attack," I finish
We walk back and Betty suggests me and her go get coffee for everyone.
"Good idea," I say "Will you be ok babe?"
"Ya I'll try and get Kait to sleep," She says
"Ok," I give her a quick peck on the lips and leave with Betty
"Toni I noticed you're keeping it together pretty well, probably for Cheryl," She doesnt even get to finish her sentence before I run into the bathroom and throw up
"Toni?" She says
"I knew something was up. I should've stayed home tonight," I cry
"Toni, there was no way we could've known what was happening. We dont even know yet what happened yet. Its not your fault,"
"If this doesn't workout, Cheryl will resent me for the rest of our lives, she will blame me,"
"She wont Toni, I promise you that. She wont resent you or blame you,"
"2 kids, Betty I was gone for all of an hour maybe two. I must've missed something," I say shaking my head
"Sometimes things happen all of your kids are unique, all of your kids have gone through hell, but all of your kids have known love- because of you and Cheryl, ok Toni. I wholeheartedly believe that all four of your kids are going to be sleeping under your roof again." She says hugging me
"Thanks Betty," I say drying my tears "Now those coffees,"
We both chuckle and walk to get coffee. When we get back Cheryl is cuddled up in a chair with Kait- both fast asleep and Madi is sleeping on the other side. The doctors walk in-5 of them in total, looking tired and worn out. ultimately they look like they just lost a race, or a sports game.
"Mrs. topaz blossom, we have some news," The oldest doctor says with a crack in his voice

Narrators POV

Alex was far away from home, she didnt know where- but she knew she was far. She woke up in the back of a large van, handcuffed to both walls like a prisoner and looked around her. Mrs. Smythe, Dylan, Malachai, and a lady she didn't know sat looking at her.
"Where are we?"
"The moon, idiot," the lady she didnt know spits
"Were still in Riverdale, or just outside anyways babe."
"Why the hell did you shoot my sister?" Alex yells "And who even are you?"
"I'm Penny Peabody, an old friend of your mother, and I just have bad aim,"

A/N: Should someone die (Alex or Tayleigh?)
        Is Cheryl still running for mayor?
        And if you dont know who Jennifer Gibson is... look it up or be surprised next chapter ;)