Cut Crash

Cheryl's POV
"Cmon boys," I yell "time to get your haircut,"
"Yayyyyyy," they both say running down the stairs
"Tones," I yell
"I'm coming," she yells
She runs down the stairs.
"There's my beautiful wife," she says grabbing my hips
"Good morning to you too," I smile kissing her "how are the girlies?"
"They're good, Madi said she'll make dinner tonight,"
"Ok sounds good,"
We make our way to the best barbershop in town. The boys tell the person what they want. An older lady sits beside us.
"Have you been here before? It's my first time, my other lady just went bankrupt,"
"I've gotten my hair styled here once and I think- Babe did you get your hair dyed here?" I ask Toni who is looking at something on her phone
"Babe?" I ask again
"Oh uh ya sorry, I got it done here twice and cut once," she says "I love it,"
"That's good to hear, I've been going to my old girl since before you were born," she says "just a style today for you?"
"Actually no, our boys are getting their hair cut today,"
Right as I say that TJ runs out.
"Mommy can Owen and I have a sucker? The man offered,"
"Of course you can sweetheart, use your manners," I say "and make sure he cuts your hair so I can see your face,"
"Thank you mommy,"
"See if you can grab me a sucker too," Toni says
"No Tony, don't do that momma doesn't need sugar," I say rolling my eyes
He giggles and walks back to his brother.
"Sorry about that," I laugh
"It's no problem," she laughs "you two seem young to have a boy that old, it's nice to see though,"
"We have 6 kids actually, 4 girls and two boys," I say "the girls are all adopted,"
"How old?"
"18 year old twins, 13 year old twins and then the boys are almost 6 now,"
"Lots of twins,"
"Oh ya, just how it worked out," I laugh
We sit there and Toni is still glued to her phone
"T, you wanna get me a tea?" I ask
She ignores me
"Babe, tea?" I ask again
"Hey TT, I'm going to take over Russia, be back in a few months,"
"Sounds like fun Cher," she says
The lady beside me starts laughing and so do I.
"What did I miss?" She asks
"Everything, get off your phone," I snap "you took the girls phones yesterday,"
"Babe Reggie's coming home today and he promised me he would call,"
"And I'm sure you'll hear from him, and your ringer isn't broken to my knowledge,"
"You're funny but a plane coming from Italy just went down over the Atlantic, it could've been him and Tate," she says "I'm worried,"
"Oh babe I'm sorry, I didn't know. Why don't you call the airline and find out whatever you can?" I suggest "I'll wait in here for the boys,"
She nods, kisses my cheek and walks outside.
"That sounds terrible, her brother was it?"
"Best friend," I sigh "and his son Tate is dating my little girl,"
"That's terrible, I'm sorry,"
"I'm sure they're fine," I sigh "Reggie's survives more than most. He was in the army for the longest time, right out of high school. He was over there for years, fell in live and then she died in his arms in the terrorist attacks in London quite a few years back now and that was 6 months after he adopted Tate,"
"Well he'll be in my prayers,"
I nod and give her a soft smile. The boys run out, lollipops in hand and all done.
"Hey baby boys," i laugh
"Do you like it mommy?" TJ asks
"I love it," I smile "I can actually see your cute little faces,"
"Will Lex like it?" Owen asks
"I'm sure she will," I laugh
I pick both of them up, say goodbye to the lady and walk outside just as T hangs up her phone.
"FUCK!" She yells in anger
She puts her head in her hands
"Any news?" I ask
"They won't tell me and his plane should've landed by now Cher,"
"Maybe his phone died," I say
"What's wrong momma?" TJ asks
"Nothing buddy, I'm ok. Uncle Reggie won't call me right now,"
I put the boys down and they hug Toni.
"Is Uncle Reggie mad at you?" Owen asks
"No sweetie," she says "he's not,"
"Well then he'll call momma," Owen says "soon,"
"I hope so kiddo," she sighs "let's go home,"
She drives home and I take the boys inside.
"I'm just going to sit here ok? Just in case someone calls," she says sitting on the stairs leading to the door.
"Ok babe, I'll be out in a bit?" I ask making sure she doesn't want to just be alone
"If you can," She says
I kiss her cheek
"Give me 5," I say
She nods and I take the boys inside.
"You be good for your sisters ok?"
"Ok mommy," they both say
They run upstairs and I find the oldest girls in the kitchen.
"Hey girls," I sigh
"Hey mom, wheres toni?"
"Outside," I say "can you two keep an eye on the boys and the younger girls? And try and keep the news off,"
"Why what happened?"
"There was a plane crash and Toni seems to believe reggie May be a part of it," I sigh "we don't know anything yet though, so don't worry until we have to,"
They nod
"Thank you, we're just out front if you need anything,"
"Ok sounds good,"
I walk outside.
"Babe, any word?"
"It was his plane, the numbers match, the company, everything," she says crying "he might not be coming home,"

Is reggie coming home
Tate?
Find out soon if I Actually write and am not a total failure like I've been recently 😭😂🤷🏼‍♀️