Parts of our Past

Cheryls POV
"Kev, I can prove someone in the lodge family chipped Kait," Betty started
"We know she was chipped Betty, and that this chip not only recorded everything she said and heard, but could send pulse waves through her spine and brain to make her either anxious or in pain, there was also some type of drug deployed into her bloodstream. how do you know it was a Lodge contraption?"
"I hacked into its servers when the doctor took it out," She shows Kevin all the evidence
"You're right, we also reviewed the footage. Toni, Cheryl you are hereby cleared of all suspiscion of child abuse/neglect, sorry it took so long girls, I didn't want to be blamed if something did happen to this kid."
"We understand Kev, thanks" Toni says
"No problem"
He walks away and Toni puts her head on my shoulder.
"Who knew raising kids was so hard?" Toni says
"Well, believe it or not most kids don't witness murders, get their legs broken by mobsters, fall in lakes and almost die, get threatened by mobsters, and almost get there mothers shot," I say laughing
"Our kid is one of a kind," she laughs
"You guys really are great parents," Betty says
"I don't know Betty, our kid has almost died several times," Toni says defeated
"But you love her, and that's all that matters,"
"I guess you're right,"
"Betty is always right," Jughead replies
Jugheads phone rings.
"Hey Dad, whats up? Ya I'm with Toni why?"
Jug's face drops.
"TONI, Go check on KT,"
"Okay?" Toni says getting up to check on her
"She's fine just sleeping, why jug?"
"KT's asleep. Yes we are still at the hospital and the cops are here, be careful, bye."
"What's wrong?" I ask Jug
"They tried to pull a Fangs on us,"
"What did I do?" Fangs says from behind us
"Nothing Fangs, but someone called my dad claiming to be the sheriffs secretary and told him KT was dead, then minutes later Veronica called him saying it was over and tried to bait him into a fight."
"Damn, she's 8 years old and having to go through this shit." Toni says
"I'd be careful there Tiny, or I could file that you're not raising a child in a hospitable environment."
"Ronnie, you already tried that... remember." I say
"Oh that playful little jab, I was just trying to reconnect with old friends."
"What are you doing here Veronica?" Toni says
"Daddy was hurt in the jail cell, just a couple bruises though"
"What a shame, I wish i could have seen that." Jughead says
I see a figure move behind Veronica near KT's room.
"HIRAM?" Toni jumps over the couch and bulldozes past Veronica who tries to stop her
"Mrs. Topaz-Blossom, I was just coming to apologize to your little one here, Hiram says from the doorway,"
"Ya I'm sure that's what the scalpel in your hand is for." Toni says lunging at him.
She wrestles the scalpel out of his hands and puts him in a hold until the cops come and lock him back up.
"That was close," I say hugging Toni
"Too close."
We sit down in the waiting room with everyone for a few hours when Kevin calls me.
"Cher, I have news, we know what Hiram was going to do to Kathryn,"
"WHAT?"
"He wanted to threaten her again and if she didn't comply, he was gunna cut her with the scalpel."
"Wow, that's... intense," I say back
"Ya just keep an eye on her okay?"
"Will do Kev,"
I hang up and walk back over to where everyone is sitting and talking.
"Guys... Kev found out what Hiram was trying to do."
"Babe, what is it?" Toni says pulling me onto her lap
"He was going to threaten her and if she didn't comply, he was going to murder her."
"THATS IT IM DONE WITH THE LODGE FAMILY," Toni yells
"Babe keep it down,"
As if on cue Veronica shows up.
"Lodge Leave please." Sweetpea asks nicely
Toni Whips her head around and almost throws me off her lap.
"Veronica, I swear on my life if you or one the psychopaths in your family so much as look at KT, I will end you. And you know I can, that's why I'm so surprised that you keep coming around." Toni says getting in her face
"Toni, better calm it down, you know its bad for your system to always be this angry." Veronica says calmly touching Toni's shoulder
"You think I'm kidding Lodge, I got a kit done, I had my cell recording and I told someone immediately after, the statute of limitations doesn't help you, so get out of the hospital, never go near KT again because Cheryl has Sherrif Keller on speed dial and I'm sure he would like to process your entire family."
"Your cell phone?" Veronica says shocked
"Ya, when it started happening I was uncomfortable so I started recording."
"Fine have it your way I'm leaving,"
"Thank GOD,"
Toni comes back as Veronica leaves down the hall. Toni is obviously upset and she sits beside me. I try to grab her hand and she just shrugs me off.
"Babe what were you talking about?" I ask
"Her backing off KT," She snaps back sarcastically
"Babe." I say concerned while rubbing her back.
"I just- need to go," She says as she gets up and walks away.
"Do any of you know what she was talking about?"
"No, but I bet we all can guess at some parts." Jughead says quietly
We all go silent for what seems like an hour.
"I need to go find her," I say getting up and walking in the direction she went.
She could be anywhere by now, the Whyte Wyrm, Pops, Home, I don't know where she could be. I sneak a peak into KT's room and she's still sleeping. Th doctor told us she will probably sleep through the night, even though its only 3 in the afternoon. they haven't identified the drug but they say from what they know it will make her sleep for a while, and she might have amnesia for a couple days, but are very confident that she will fully recover. I see the sheets shift a little and a hand appear on her bed. I immediately panic, I walk very fast towards her room until I see a portion of a jacket, Toni's serpent jacket. I walk in and Toni has head down with one of her hands clutching KT's hand. I pull a chair beside her and lay my head on her shoulder.
"I'm sorry," Toni says through tears
"Babe, its okay," I say back
"Everything is my fault, I should've known Veronica wouldn't let me raise a child in peace. Cher I'm so sorry."
"Toni, what are you talking about?"
She hands me a handwritten note that she explains is from Veronica, the nurse gave it to her.

Toni,
Archie is right you are pathetic. If you say anything to anyone about what happened, I will end you. Obviously as today proves I wont be able to send you to jail but I have connection Toni. Be smart, you have a beautiful child, and you could have had a beautiful wife... Toni don't be stupid, if you want to stop denying our connection, call me same number as always (657-623-2319).
"Toni what the hell happened?"
She looks at me with tears streaming down her face and puffy eyes.
"Cher, Veronica raped me,"