Sheriff Kevin Keller & the Lodge Family

BEFORE THIS CHAPTER STARTS, IF YOUR SENSITIVE TO CONTENT LIKE RAPE, PLEASE SKIP
TONI's POV
That's the first time I said it out loud. Rape. We moved outside KT's room.
"Senior year, coming up to our 3 year anniversary. I went to Veronica's house for advice and she started making unwanted advances. I told her no and said if she couldn't help me I would ask Betty. That's when I started recording. I don't know what got into her, she was with Archie and I kept telling her to stop. Finally I pushed her into a wall and tried to walk past her. When I did, she pulled a knife and cut my arm," I pause taking my jacket off and revealing my scar.
"Babe, you told me you got that in a bar fight."
I nod and continue.
"She said if I wanted to make my 3rd anniversary in one piece I would get onto her bed. I kept saying no and to get off me, then I froze, I couldn't move."
"Toni you don't need to keep going," Cheryl says
"Thank you," I say bursting into tears and falling into Cheryl's arms.
"Why didn't you tell me when it happened?"
"I was embarrassed, and scared. I know it sounds so dumb but I thought you would be angry with me."
"Never in a million years would I be angry with you for that. Remember it took me 7 months to tell you about Nick, and it was Jug that told you not me. I understand Toni,"
"Thanks Cher, I love you"
"I love you too Toni,"
"I should probably tell the boys,"
"Ok do you want me to come with you?"
I nod yes and start walking towards the waiting room which we kinda took over because everyone wants to sit as far away as possible from us. Cheryl slips her arm around my waist and kisses me on the cheek. Just before we round the corner she whispers, "I'm so proud of you Toni".
"Thanks for helping me with this," I say back
We round the corner and I look at all the boys, Betty, F.P., and Alice. They go silent as soon as they see me. They can tell I've been crying a lot.
"Sorry I ran off like that, but I have something that I'm finally ready to tell all of you," Cher and I sit down on the last remaining couch. "Senior year of high school, Veronica raped me."
I think I shocked Cheryl a bit with how blunt this was.
"WHAT?" Everyone says pretty much in unison.
I tell them everything I told Cheryl and by the end everyone was in tears.
"Toni, you never told any of us,"
"I was embarassed and scared and thougt people would be mad at me,"
"You told Veronica you told someone immediatley after, that was Cheryl right?" Sweetpea says
"I just found out 5 minutes ago," Cheryl cuts in
"Then who?" Jughead asks
I look up "I don't want to put their name out there if they don't want it to be out there."
"She told me," Alice says putting her hand up
"Alice, you don't..." I start
"It's ok Toni." Alice starts "Toni came to our house looking for Betty one day and she was really upset, she was bleeding and her clothes were ripped. Betty had just left to go meet Veronica but I invited her inside and helped her. She told me everything and thanked me and left."
"Im still very sorry about that Alice," Toni said "I shouldn't have put you in the position,"
"Toni, it's fine, I was happy to help."
"Thats why you started telling me Veronica couldn't come over and didn't want me going to her house."
Alice nods.
"Did you tell anyone alice?" FP asks
"No,"
"Thanks for telling us Toni," Fangs says
"Ya, now I have a reason to strangle Ronnie," Sweetpea says getting up
"Thats not the only thing," Cheryl says pulling out the letter. "If Toni takes any action against Veronica, Veronica will hurt her or kill her," Cheryl says handing the note to FP.
"Or maybe even KT," I say "But, I want to put this to a vote, not only do we have enough evidence to convict her, but I'm tired of being controlled by Ronnie."
"Toni, what about KT?" Cheryl says to me
"Cher, what did I tell you when we signed the adoption papers?"
"Ton, KT will be proud of you no matter what,"
"NO CHERYL, we're putting this to a vote, all in favour of backing off and letting Ronnie win."
No one raises their hand.
"All in favour of calling Sheriff Keller down here right the hell now and giving her hell?"
Everyone raise their hand.
"Then that's our decision,"
"Mrs. Topaz-Blossom, do you know of any allergies your daughter has?" A nurse asks from behind us
"Penicillin, mold, amd a severe reaction to cats once, why?" Cheryl asks
"Someone corrupted her chart and we gave her penicillin, its ok though, we figured it out fast enough,"
"Ok thank you," I say
"Lodge?" Jughead asks the group
"Who else?" Betty replies
I get up to walk to KT's room, cher moves to follow me but I tell her to stay. Half way to the room, Doctor Mathers stops me.
"Mrs. Topaz Blossom, I have some news,"
"What is it?" I ask eagerly
"Kathryn Taylor was given Penicilan, and it reacted with the drug in her system which made it easier for us to kniw which drug it was, but it changed her condition in an unexpected way... we don't know if she's going to wake up anytime soon,"
"Thank you Dr.Mathers
I turn and walk back to where everyone is sitting, I get back and quickly everyone shuts up before I even say a word, I stand behind where Cheryl is sitting on her chair, I don't know why but I have feel so confient right now.
"Is KT awake yet?" Cher asks excited to see me back so soon
"No, and now because of Veronica, she may never wake up,"
"WHAT?" Jughead says getting on to his feet
"The drug in her system reacted with the pennicilan making it so that they are unsure, when and if she will wake up soon." I say
"What are we going to do? Fight her? Kill her?" Sweetpea says
"Neither, Cher was right when she said she needed both parents, and when she wakes up, she'll need all of us around her." I say
"Then what do we do?"
"Cher, call Kevin," I say "Veronica Lodge is going down tonight."
"Downtown." Fangs says