What happened to the strife?

Dave's Pov-

        I left Kanaya's house with a half smile on my face. Normally Striders don't show emotions but I couldn't help it around Kanaya. She was like a therapist. Almost like Rose. I walked over to Karkat's house. I promised him that he could watch Dirk and I practice with our shitty swords. I knocked on his door twice. "I'll get it!" I heard Karkat yell. I thought he was home alone. How long was I over at Kanaya's? "God dammit Kankri! Go back to Hayleigh's where you belong! No, I said I'll get it! Please don't do that! Fuck no! God dammit!" A few moments later Kankri opened the door. "Ah, hello Dave. It's nice to..." He was cut off by Karkat, who threw something at the back of his head. "Go back to Hayleigh's." Kankri rubbed the back of his head. "Ow." Karkat rolled his eyes and pushed past Kankri, closing the door behind him. "Ignore my brother." I nodded. "Got it."

        "Where's Dirk?" I asked Rose as I climbed up on the counter. "He's out looking for a job with Jake." I nodded. So much for the strife. Karkat climbed up on the counter. He layed his head in my lap and curled up into a small ball. Rose smiled. "John's right. You guys do look cute together." I rolled my eyes, even though she couldn't see. Ignored her as she continued to talk by pushing my fingers into Karkat's hair. Did he just? Purr? He really purred. Rose smiled again as I looked up at her. "That derp is crazy." I said, not really paying attention to what she previously said. Karkat rolled over so he could look up at me. "Speaking of John, he left you a letter. Delivered by Gamzee." I sighed. "Just stuff it in my mailbox. It's already filled with missed calls, letters and stale apple juice. Might as well make it explode at the seams." She sighed but threw it on the table with the rest of the mail. I looked down at Karkat. He pushed his finger through my hair. "I'm going to Kanaya's." Rose said as she left the house.