Happy birthday John

Dave's Pov-

        I put my phone back in my pocket. The "worried sister" plan worked, along with the "Sollux talks to John" plan. Everything was working. "Is everything set Dave?" Jade asked coming out of the kitchen. I nodded. "Yeah. John's on his way now."  I looked at her through my shades. "Do you think John'll like it." She nodded quickly, looking like a bobble head. "Of course he will! Dave, look at all the hard work you put into this." She clapped. "You even got dad to go out tonight. That means John won't be forced to eat cake like every other birthday. You even put irony into this party." I smirked remembering the huge peanut shape chocolate covered rice crispy in the freezer. "I guess your right."

Time jump- 20 minutes

        The door handle jiggled slightly. I stood at the top of the stairs, looking down at the living room. I could see all of our friends hiding. "I'm home!" He called, closing the door behind him. "Hello?" Jade flipped on the lights as everyone jumped out of their hiding spots. "Surprise! Happy birthday, John!" Jade squealed running up to John. "Before you do anything, Dave has a special gift for you." She pointed to the top of the stairs and John's eyes followed her finger. "Happy birthday Egderp. You just turned 16. It's like your biggest wet dream." With every line I sang I walked down a step. I smiled at him after I took a breath for another line in my rap. I actually smiled at him. He snorted. At the end of my song/rap John ran up to me and engulfed me in a hug. "That was amazing Dave!" I smirked. "It was all for you." He snorted. Terezi called out to us. "Okay, you love birds. Let's get this show on the road."