<14>

(Jungkook's P.O.V)

"Jungkook! We need to talk!" My mom yelled upstairs.

"Shit." I mumbled under my breath.

"OK mom I'll be down in a minute!" I yelled through my closed door, hoping she heard me.

My heart started racing.

"What should I say?"
"How do I explain why I did it?"
"Is there even an excuse to self harm?"

Questions swirled in my head as I slowly walked towards my door, my usual witty, energetic self temporarily gone.

I shakily reached for my doorknob and turned it at an agonizingly slow pace. I was not ready to go to the mental hospital.

I did not want to be sent away.

I love my mom...I love Yoongi and Namjoon and I really enjoy texting Taehyung. All of that is going to be taken away from me.

I opened my door and walked across the wooden floorboards..each one suddenly having a creaking sound as I stepped on the wood.

"Why is it suddenly so noisy?! Am I just being paranoid?" I asked myself as each step seemed to get louder. Then came to the conclusion it was all in my head.

I waltzed down the steps, gripping the wooden railing for dear life as I started shaking.

As I entered the kitchen I saw my mom sitting at the dinner table, tapping her acrylic nails on the counter, making a sound that gives me tingles.

I sat across from her, afraid she would slap me if she is mad about the situation.

"So, Yoongi called me while I was at work." My mom started.

"Y-Yeah?" I stuttered out in pure nervousness, my palms started to sweat profusely.

"Yeah, And I just need to say I was very disappointed in what I was told." My mom sighed, "cutting? Really Jungkook? When did I teach you self harm is the best way to solve your problems?" I looked into my moms eyes for a split second before looking down. Her eyes shown pure disappointment.

"I-I'm S-S-Sorry Mom.." I bowed my head down as an apology.

"Jungkook you can't just say sorry. What you did was messed up and you know what I told you about what would happen if I ever caught you self harming." Her eyes remained glued onto me the whole time.

"N-No P-Pleaase!" I jumped out of my seat in pure fear; screaming what I said out. "I-I-I can't go to the mental hospital! Please mom please!" I yelled.

"Jungkook you will really benefit from going if your struggling enough to harm your body purposely," My mom said calmly.

"No I won't mom! Mental hospitals are for insane people! I'm not insane! I was just struggling!" I yelled. I tried to calm myself down but I had so much fear about going I could not.

"Jungkook! You don't need to be insane to be sent to a mental hospital! Your struggling and that's why people send their kids there! They send struggling kids! How do I know you won't start an addiction out of this? Cutting is the first sign of depression! If I send you there you can get some medication and be happy!" She defended herself.

"I'm not depressed!" I felt warm tear slide down my cheek, "I'm not depressed! I don't need medication to be happy! I'm perfectly happy!" More tears barreled out of my eyes.

"Jungkook...you can't hide the fact you had been down for months on end!" She raised her voice, clearly aggravated.

"Because I had been getting physically bullied for months on end and did not tell anyone! No shit that I would be kinda upset!" I yelled at her.