1) I Love You

AN: The sequel to Absolution

Disclaimer: I do not own the ALIAS characters presented in this story.

"Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny." - C.S. Lewis

Music for this chapter (on repeat): I Love You by Sarah McLachlan, You Say It Best When You Say Nothing At All by Allison Krause, Forever and For Always by Shania Twain, Ave Maria remix by Thievery Corporation, On An Evening in Roma by Dean Martin, O Sole Mio by Andrea Bocelli, Nessun Dorma by Sarah BrightmanBless the Broken Road by Rascall Flatts

ONE

o

*I Love You *

"Thank God! I thought the night would never end." Irina laughed, quickly removing her heavy robe as Jack closed the bedroom door behind them, just as urgently removing his regalia and uniform jacket.

"I've been dying to get you out of that dress all evening." He smirked, grabbing her arm and whirling her to face him. Their bodies slammed together as did their mouths in a mess of tangled limbs and wet lips with hungry determination.

"Did I tell you how stunning you are?" He asked through labored breaths, pulling back softly to look into her beautiful dark eyes as he took in the gorgeous woman before him.

Irina smiled widely as her eyes took on a primal seductive gaze hearing her husband's words.

"Dance with me?" Her voice was low and smooth as she ran her hand down the back of his neck.

"We just spent the last seven hours dancing. Aren't you tired of dancing yet?" He laughed as his eyes searched her face, already taking her into his arms, her slender fingers wrapping perfectly over his.

"Not with you." She whispered into his ear, her warm breath tickling his senses as he guided her around the darkened room in the moonlight. His strong hand at the small of her back pressing ever so lightly and igniting the fire within her. "I'll never get tired of dancing with my husband."

"Nor will I get tired of dancing with my wife." Jack's deep voice hummed softly against her cheek with a smile, closing his eyes and inhaling her scent. "I can't tell you how many times I've dreamt of this, holding you in my arms again as we danced."

"In spite of what you learned about me?" Irina asked softly, pulling back but not away as they continued to float around the space.

"Yes." Jack's eyes held fast to hers, drowning as always in their dark pools. "My head may have told me to hate you during the daylight hours but my heart controlled my dreams in the night. And all it wanted, was you." He smiled softly, capturing her lips softly with his.

"And all I wanted was you." Irina reciprocated as her fingers on played with his hair, her eyes smiling as she spoke in hushed tones, revealing another bit of truth. "When you first walked into my cell, despite what I saw in your eyes, in spite of what I told myself I felt," She paused, swallowing hard as she closed her eyes and sighed softly, remembering that moment and the ones after in custody and then when she escaped and came to him. "Every time I was close to you," She forged on, opening her eyes and finding his soulful caring ones staring back at her as he held her gently in his arms. "There was too much I couldn't say…and then you'd just walk away…and I always thought…I forgot to tell you, Ilove you. And the night was too long and cold without you. I couldn't find the words," Her eyes bore deeply into his and Jack felt his heart quickening in pace, "To say, I need you so."