21) Sorry Sydney

AN: Music for this chapter (on repeat): Love Never Dies by Apoptygma Berzerk (O Fortuna Remix), Mother of a Mother by Michael Giacchino, Why Do We Fall? by Hans Zimmer from The Dark Knight Rises Soundtrack, Cool Building by Chris Tilton from the ALIAS Soundtrack, A Dark Knight by Hans Zimmer from The Dark Knighy Soundtrack, Corynorhinus by Hans Zimmer from Batman Begins Soundtrack, Eptesicus by Hans Zimmer from Batman Begins Soundtrack, Idyll's End by Hans Zimmer from The Last Samurai Soundtrack, Mother of a Mother by Michael Giacchino from ALIAS Soundtrack, Nara by E.S. Posthumus.

TWENTY-ONE

o

*Love Never Dies*

Taipei, Taiwan, China

"Be careful. I suspect that Jack Bristow will be the one who makes the exchange, not Sydney." Irina spoke without emotion watching Julian put his jacket on preparing to trade Tippin for the document.

Julian's eyebrows rose slightly at the thought of finally meeting Irina's former husband, her mark and Sydney's father.

Khasinau and Cuvee were sitting at the table opposite of her; all holding a glass of vodka with Cuvee smoking a cigarette, listening intently to the exchange and observing Irina's reactions carefully.

"As soon as you have the document, bring it back immediately so we can begin decoding the instructions for The Circumference."

"Why do you think Jack Bristow will bring the document to trade for Tippin, instead of Sydney?" Julian asked cautiously with great curiosity into her inner knowledge of these people.

"Bristow knows that I am alive now." She answered casually, running her fingertip over the rim of the glass, "He believes that I am working for Alexander," Her eyes flashed to Khasinau, "And knows that Alexander, and probably myself will be very close this evening awaiting the document. Bristow won't want Sydney to be anywhere near me, he'll make the exchange." She stood, walking over to the bar in her office at the warehouse and pouring another glass. "Get going... I want that document." She added a moment later without turning around; no hint of emotion at all in her voice.

Julian was absolutely intrigued by her response and the fact that this was the most he'd ever heard of her speak of Jack Bristow. He nodded at both Khasinau and Cuvee and was on his way.

The scene cut to Sydney and Vaughn as they began making their way through the front of the club where the same glaring gothic music was playing, heading towards the back, weaving through the bathroom and then separating to access the warehouse attached to the club.

It quickly cut back to Irina with the other two men in her office watching the monitors in front of them and the scene unfolding on one monitor in particular.

A security camera mounted outside on the roof over looking the alley where Julian was going to be trading Tippin. It was still rather far away giving them a broad view but her heart skipped a beat in her chest when the door of the car opened and just as she suspected, Jack stepped out to await the oncoming limo.