35) Baby Jack & Mexico

Music for this chapter (on repeat): The Beach Song by Hans Zimmer from True Romance, This Years Love by David Gray, Fairy Dance by PJ Hogan from Peter Pan Soundtrack, The Oscar Mix by various artists mixed by SAWild, Tania by James Horner from Enemy At The Gates Soundtrack, Back in Black by AC/DC, In Dreams by Chris Tilton from ALIAS Soundtrack, I Surrender by Celine Dion, Dragula by Rob Zombie, Disco Science by Paul Oakenfold, Page 47 by Michael Giacchino, Like Toy Soldiers (Instrumental) by Eminem, The Gael by Dougie Maclean from Last of the Mohicans Soundtrack, Misirlou by Dick Dale, Tania by James Horner, Nara by E.S. Posthumus, Together by The XX, Love Me Like You Do By Ellie Goulding.

THIRTY-FIVE

o

*The Beach Song*

St. Petersburg, Russia - February 14th, 2004

"Is everyone here?" Irina asked Sydney with a smile as she finished putting on Nadia's white satin booty.

Lena was sitting on the bed playing with the babies as Irina dressed them, already dressed like her mother, in her gorgeous little satin dress with blue Imperial sash and regalia in place, her perfect little crown adorning her head full of long curly brown hair; smiling and giggling in madness when both Nicholas and Nadia grabbed hold of her fingers.

"Yeah, they're all ready and waiting for us." Sydney smiled brightly, running her hand over her bulging baby belly and excited about this day and night: her parents wedding anniversary and the baptisms of her younger siblings. "They're absolutely precious," She sat on the edge of the bed with a laughing smile, bending over the best she could to kiss both their faces and then Lena's making her laugh again. "How are you feeling? You look amazing as always," She looked up at her mother who couldn't tear the smile from her own face looking at her children.

"Wonderful." Irina clasped her hand and held it tightly.

It had been nearly three weeks since the twins were born and everyday she was home she felt better and stronger. Her recovery was going excellently and rapidly according to Alexei who attributed such a speedy recovery to her 'fabulous genetics and the happiness which lit her heart.'

"How are you feeling, my Darling Daughter?" Irina smiled, leaning over to kiss Sydney's belly with her own smile.

"Wonderful." Sydney answered back with her own deep dimply grin that Irina loved, "I can't wait for you to see what we got you and Dad." Her laughed turned devious with a wink as she scooped up Nadia.

"You, who?" Irina asked her back with a slanted coy eyebrow, picking up Nicholas and guiding Lena with a hand to her back from the bed.

"We as in your children. Julian, Lena, Nicholas, Nadia and myself," Sydney laughed though it held a hint of nervousness that only her mother would notice.

"Not even a hint?" Irina asked her holding out her finger where Lena grabbed on and charged forth, leading them out of the room to join the others.