43) Little Anthony

AN: Music for this chapter (on repeat): Why Do We Fall? by Hans Zimmer The Dark Knight Rises Soundtrack, Raude by Black Rose, The Beach Song by Hans Zimmer from True Romance Soundtrack, Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole

FORTY-THREE

o

"I'm okay, it hit the vest." Irina gasped feeling the biting bruise already forming from the close range fire and immediately scanned her baby girl in her arms to make sure she wasn't hit, taking note that Nadia hadn't even stirred.

"Don't. Move." Jack commanded with gun trained on the man's head and the others kept their weapons trained as well.

"What did you give her?" Irina carefully passed Nadia to Sydney and eyes locked in on the woman, staring at the floor and still refusing to look at Irina. The man doing the same and the little boy beside them, shaking in fear with tears streaming down his cheeks and wide eyes as he looked at Irina, and the hole in her jacket having been shot but was still standing. He didn't understand why she wasn't bleeding to death or dead. People who got shot with guns, died.

Irina saw his face and pulled him up by the arm, pushing him over towards Julian and out of harms way.

"I asked you what you gave my daughter?" Irina screamed and slugged the woman across the jaw, whipping her head around and making everyone gasp on the train to see their Tsar in this 'lethal mode.' "Answer me!" She grabbed the woman by the neck and held her fist above her.

"A tranquilizer." The woman spat with clear venom and hatred for Irina in her eyes, "She'll be fine in four hours."

"That's more than you'll be," Irina backhanded her viciously and split the woman's lip again, blood now trailing from her nose. "You hit my child, I hit you." She grabbed the woman by the neck and pulled her up staring her in the eyes while slowly, she began to squeeze the life out of the woman, Irina's face only centimeters from hers, "You steal my children and I take your life."

"Mom…" Sydney called out softly with tears raining down her face, holding her little sister tightly and wanting to take the life of the people who had taken her from them and understanding why her mother did in this moment; but she also didn't want her mother to break her vow. To break the new life they'd begun and the promise she'd made to herself. Especially with the people of her country who believed in her so much, watching as she took someone's life.

Irina's eyes were coal black staring into the woman's watching her pupils begin to change and slammed her forehead into hers, knocking her out and then letting her drop back unconscious into her seat.

"You're not worth it." She hissed at the woman just as Jack slammed the back of his elbow into the face of the man and then rammed his head into the side of the train car knocking him out as well. They might not be able to kill, but doing a little maiming was certainly justified in his eyes.

Jack, Vaughn, and Weiss began to secure the kidnappers while the train came to a stop and Julian continued to stand by the little boy, standing still as stone and looking at the unconscious parents before him. Irina was running her hand over Nadia's forehead while Sydney cradled her in her arms and pressed a kiss to the tiny space just above one eyebrow before taking her from Sydney.

The Special Forces team flew the unconscious prisoners back to St. Petersburg while the others, flew with Nadia and the boy straight to the hospital.