18) Comfort In Others

AN: Music for this chapter (on repeat): The Gael by Dougie Maclean, from the The Last of the Mohicans Soundtrack, Disco Science by Mirwais from SNATCH Soundtrack, Dream On by Aerosmith, O Holy Night by Sarah McLachlanBegirlich In Dem Hertzen Min by Helium Vola, Because of You by Kelly ClarksonVide Cor Meum by Hans Zimmer from Hannibal Soundtrack, Inferno by Michael Giacchino from the ALIAS soundtrack, Bitch by Meredith Brooks, Misirlou by Dick Dale, The Roof Is On Fire by the Bloodhound Gang.

EIGHTEEN

o

Northern Ireland - 1996

The scene opened with Irina, unconscious and handcuffed to a chair in a dark room. She was wearing one of the black form-fitting long sleeve shirts she had always preferred for battle as well as black pants that resembled her yoga pants in the way the material fit her body; her black shoes more like ballet shoes or those worn in martial arts, all of the articles good for moving around in, when being stealthy… or at least, alluding to that illusion for someone looking at her.

Her face sported a split lip and cheek that was already beginning to bruise and her side had clearly been injured in some way, most likely by a knife, as her shirt was ripped open over the wound where the blood was visible.

Irina's eyes slowly began to flutter open and lifted her head to look around as Lena's voice narrated softly over the scene telling the audience exactly what was going on.

"Sometimes the easiest way, to get inside of a heavily secured compound… is to allow yourself to be 'caught'… while looking like you're attempting to break in."

The images onscreen showed Irina glancing down at her side that was gashed. Every one of the former and current CIA agents was immediately associating that statement and her line of thinking to how she infiltrated the CIA.

"Shit…" She cursed softly in Russian, pissed off at the new wound, more annoyed than anything.

"It's a sure fire way to get you inside."Lena's voice continued and the other agents in the room went wide-eyed, shaking their heads thinking about her courage or rather insanity for doing so… both at the CIA and apparently, this incident.

Irina pulled on her arms, realizing each hand was tethered to the chair separately and she sighed, the look on her face of complete annoyance and made everyone chuckle with Lena's overlaying thoughts, "The only problem you're then left with… is how to get out."

The laughter soon changed to sounds of cringing as the camera shifted around to Irina's back, showing Irina's shackled hands and what she was doing. With a slight grimace of discomfort on her face, she had managed to dislocate one thumb and began pulling and wiggling her hand against the metal trying to free her hand.

'Tough, didn't even begin to describe the woman.' Marshall gulped in unease and queasiness, watching her.

The large steel door in front of her opened suddenly, temporarily stopping her efforts.