71) Lena And Arman

AN: Music for this chapter (on repeat): End Credits (Cast Away) by Alan Silvestri from Cast Away Soundtrack, Time by Hans Zimmer from Inception Soundtrack, Nothing Else Matters by Scala & Kolacny Brothers, Life is Beautiful by Vega4Never Grow Old by The Cranberries, Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'oleMarry Me by Train, PM's Love Theme by Craig Armstrong, All I Need By Within Temptation, The Way You Look Tonight by Steve Tyrell, Ho Hey by The Lumineers, Mondo Bongo by Joe Strummer & The Mescalaros, Home by Phillip Phillips.

SEVENTY-TWO

o

*End Credits from Cast Away *

"Luna, this is Mission Control. Prepare for take off in T- 2 minutes." The Flight Controller's voice once again rang out as the shuttle crew prepared to leave the Lunar Space Station.

"Roger, Control." Lena answered back snapping the last of her seat belt buckles into place as the pilot beside her began firing up the engines at the end of the runway to launch them back into orbit and away from the moon's gravity. "Luna crew, preparing for take off. Houston, we're coming home. This is the Future Mrs. Reznikov, signing off from the Lunar Space Station as Commander Bristow for the last time." Lena answered with a smile and tears in her eyes and her crew cheered loudly from behind her buckling in as well.

Arman's smile was raging as he glanced over and caught Irina's eyes as everyone around them cheered and whistled with Lena's very public declaration and announcement of just how much she loved him and was looking forward to coming 'home.'

"Looking forward to having you home, Luna. Safe flight and Godspeed." The Flight Director wished them well as the shuttle took off from the runway, leaving the moon behind them.

It would take the shuttle two days to reach Earth again before re-entry where it was scheduled to land in the early morning hours where their families would be eagerly awaiting their return.

"Are you getting nervous for the wedding?" Luka, a fellow Russian cosmonaut smiled at Lena as they strapped into their sleep bunks for the night on their second day flying towards home. "By this time next week, you will be a married woman."

"No, I'm not nervous." Lena answered him with a growing smile thinking about what he'd said. That in less than six days she would be Arman's wife. "I'm excited for the next chapter of my life to begin."

Arman smiled widely listening to and watching their conversation on the NASA communications feed as he snuggled into bed in their rented house on the beach. The family was reconvening in Florida to welcome Lena home tomorrow evening.

"Oh, I was nervous. I couldn't stop sweating." Luka smiled and Lena and the others laughed.

"Me too." Adam laughed softly shaking his head, "I was a nervous wreck. Not because I was afraid to marry Sarah, but because I was afraid I would somehow mess up my vows when saying them."

"Did you mess them up?" Laila asked with a smile, snuggling in as well.

"Yes, I did actually." Adam smiled and the others laughed. "I have been teased mercilessly since about getting everything else in my life perfect, except for my wedding vows. Thankfully, my wife is very forgiving and saw it for what it was…that I was so madly in love with her, that I couldn't think straight staring into her beautiful eyes standing across from me under the alter. She had never looked more beautiful to me then in that moment. Took my breath away."