62) Gloomy Days

Music for this chapter: Cuba by Willy Chirino y Celia Cruz, Cosmic Love by Florence & The Machine, Crawling in My Skin by Linkin Park, Change (In the House of Flies) by Deftones, Dare You To Move by SwitchfootStay by Rihanna ft. Mikky EkkoWith or Without You by Scala & Kolacny Brothers.

SIXTY-TWO

o

*Cuba*

Nadia smiled more than once during dinner by the pool and thankful it had been closed off for them to give them some privacy and only hoped it didn't cause too much issue with the others' staying in the gloriously old and famous hotel. Most had seemed incredibly nice and supportive in their silent smiles and nods in passing and understanding why the family would want some privacy with they themselves seeing the mass of Press waiting outside the walls for a 'piece' of them.

Looking around at the beauty around her and listening to the flavorful music lost in her own thoughts, Nadia felt a sudden wash of sadness and relief that she would never again return to this island nation when this was over with.

"Are you ready?" Nikolas asked her quietly nudging her softly seeing her staring off into space while everyone else prepared to go back to their rooms to bed with a long day ahead of them tomorrow in opening arguments for the prosecution. She hadn't responded to him or Irina when they spoke to her just before and their worry was only continuing to grow.

"Yeah, sorry." Nadia smiled taking his hand with her good one and accepting the help up.

"Are you okay?" He asked quietly with deep concern; his heart pounding and about to explode continuously being in this place and knowing what happened to her here and couldn't imagine what she was feeling or thinking.

"Yeah…just tired. I'm ready for bed." Nadia smiled at him softly linking her fingers with his.

*Cosmic Love*

Lena was fighting hard to keep the box of memories closed with mind continuously flashing to images of she and Antony in the pool just a couple of months before when everything was still happy and right with their world. His smiling face would only briefly flash in front of her mind's eye, staring at the illuminated green water in the pool only to be horrifically replaced seconds later with the long torturous images of his face as they hit the railing and then looking at her while they fell hitting the ice and the consuming cold water of blackness.

"Are you coming, Sweetheart?" Irina's concern was overflowing and felt stretched thin with her two youngest daughters and son all dealing with loss and tragedies all at once. Lena had remained sitting at the table while everyone else was moving to get up.

"I think I'm going to take a walk on the private beach for a while." Lena answered quietly thinking about how horrible of an idea that was as she was sure to be tortured with more memories of Antony while there but had decided somewhere in her heart that it was worth the torture of reliving the last images of him she had for just that one second of happiness preceding them for now as she desperately tried to remember his smile and laugh and the happier moments. All she could seem to remember now was the horror of flying over the bridge and then seeing him dead in his casket with their baby on his chest.