38) Nicholas Bleeding

AN: Music for this chapter (on repeat): My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion from Titanic Soundtrack, No Promises by Shayne Ward , All Of Me By John Legend,Porcelain by Moby, Find My Baby by Moby, September by Earth, Wind and Fire, Never Never Going to Give You Up by Barry White, Crazy Love by Ray Charles with Van Morrison, Din Shagna Da.

THIRTY-EIGHT

o

One Week Later:

*My Heart Will Go On*

'Near far, wherever you are… I believe that the heart does go on… Once more you opened the door… and you're here in my heart and my heart will go on… and on…'

Celine Dion crooned the song for the ending credits of the film while Irina, Katya and Sydney cried with sleeping babies against them; Irina having just watched the famous sinking ship film for the first time having avoided it and all other romantic films over the last twenty years.

"Well, damn it, that was sad!" Irina smiled with a chuckle reaching for another tissue and sniffling as she handed one to Sydney and Katya as well, "I'm glad I never watched then." Her eyes filled with tears again even as she smiled, shaking her head softly, "I loved it but I just never could have…" She let the thought die on her lips and they knew what she meant.

Katya and Sydney both gave her a simultaneous hand squeeze that made them all chuckle before they leaned into Irina on each of her sides. Katya had Nicholas asleep against her chest, Anya against Irina's and Nadia against Sydney's.

The three of them were lounging around on a Saturday morning while the others were out and about doing various other things. Weiss and Sophia had taken Lena fishing somewhere on the vast property, Julian was with Ash in India while she finished another film after flying to various locations checking in on his business affairs with the clubs; Marcelo, Jack, Sergei and Vaughn were golfing and Mikhail and Bella were taking his mother Talia back to Gyrady. Everyone else had flown back to the States days ago after the Anniversary Celebration and Baptisms.

"Now what should we do?" Irina asked with an exhausted sigh leaning back into the couch and pulling the others with her.

"I think we should make cookies," Sydney giggled her deep giggle, "I'm having a massive chocolate craving for some reason and your Chocolate Chip Cookies are foremost in my mind."

"Mmm, yes, they are rather delicious morsels, Rina, Darling," Katya almost purred beside them with a smile. "I think that's a fabulous idea."

"Okay then," Irina laughed, "Let's make cookies!"

"And vodka, we must drink vodka while we bake!" Katya added with a soft laugh standing as the other two did with babies still asleep against their chests.

"But I can't drink..." Sydney pouted playfully shifting the baby against her and looking at her own sleeping child against her mother's chest.

"Oh, that's right," Katya frowned sadly with her looking from Sydney to the baby she was nursing and then smiled, "That's fine. You bake and we'll drink watching you." She smiled with a giggle making the other two laugh.

"Good plan." Irina smiled kissing her granddaughter's head and trading babies with her daughter, "I'll go put these two down and meet you in the kitchen." She smiled taking Nicholas carefully from her sister as well, very experienced now in balancing both babies perfectly while asleep against her chest.