17) Past History

AN: Music for this chapter (on repeat): Indra by Thievery Corporation,Vivid by Thievery Corporation, I Surrender by Celine Dion, Flamenco a Go Go by Benise, Spanish Heist by Michael Giacchino from ALIAS Soundtrack, Into Thin Air by Mocean Worker from The Bourne Supremacy Soundtrack, The Russian Lullaby by Lorie Line, Home Movies by Michael Giacchino from ALIAS Soundtrack.

*Indra*

Five Months Later- Goa, India

Irina adjusted her gorgeous white sari over tanned skin, giving herself a once over in the mirror. She took a deep breath and made her way for the outdoor bar of the beautiful hotel nestled against the white sandy beach in India's Five-Star resort town. She was meeting her target for drinks and hopefully, things would progress along well enough to get inside his High Security room and vault within.

Paul Sanders was one of Great Britians' wealthiest businessmen with many foreign investments. His business activities were all, legal and was quite respected in many circles around the world. His hobby, however, was certainly not legal... buying stolen artifacts and artwork off the Black Market.

One week ago, he had purchased an Egyptian scroll, said to be part of Cleopatra's collection in Alexandria before her library was burned down by the Romans.

Irina wanted the scroll because a page in the manual she had recovered in the Congo, indicated that this particular scroll held the location of a temple where Rambaldi had hidden another piece of the puzzle. That scroll, was inside the safe in Sander's room, a safe he took everywhere with him containing numerous other items and heavily guarded; only opened with his hand print and retinal scan. She had followed Sanders to this resort and 'accidentally' bumped into him when swimming today in the pool. The two had chatted all afternoon; Irina flirting heavily and he invited her to dinner.

Breezing through the crowd of mostly wealthy Europeans and Americans she found him sitting at a private table beneath an umbrella waiting for her. Heads turned with smiles watching her make her way to him, gliding like an angel through the night towards him and stealing the breath of many as she passed.

"Good God... who is that temptress?" A man with piercing green eyes asked in an American accent to the dark haired muscular man beside him when he saw Irina.

The man he was talking to turned and felt his heart skip a beat, a slow smile spreading across his face that turned devilish.

"Kirstin, you look ravishing." Sanders smiled widely, standing and kissing her hand before pulling out her chair. The handsome man couldn't take his eyes off the gorgeous woman he believed to be a Swedish heiress inspecting the hotel for a possible investment.

"Thank you." Irina smiled at him, inserting just enough Swedish accent to tease him. "You look very handsome yourself, Paul." She flashed her mega-watt smile at him and watched him swallow hard when she crossed her legs, showing a dangerous amount of tanned skin.

"Thank you." He smiled a bit embarrassed, "I hope you don't mind," He gestured towards the waiter, "I've taken the liberty of ordering a bottle of champagne for us."

"Not at all." She smiled, holding out her champagne flute and staring at him with eyes that screamed of seduction. "What do you suggest off the menu?" She asked coyly, her foot purposely rubbing against his calf beneath the table making him breath rapidly and shift uncomfortably in his chair. "I'm starving." The look she sent him clearly indicating she wasn't talking about food. Her eyes suddenly catching the man approaching from behind Paul and her own heart began to pound rapidly in her chest as he zeroed in on her.