47) Turning Events

AN: A double chapter as the ominous Chapter 47, and given Rambaldi's obsession with number, remember that everything in this story has a reason, and it will all make sense in the end. Hold on tight as this chapter is the one where we start doing massive time jumps moving forward in this up and down roller-coaster of life and emotion.

Music for this chapter (on repeat): Safe Passage by Hans Zimmer from The Last Samurai Soundtrack, Hold the Ice by Hans Zimmer from King Arthur Soundtrack, O Holy Night by John Williams from the Home Alone Soundtrack, Toi Jamais by Catherine DeneuveFibre De Verre by Paris ComboVia Con Me by Paulo Conte, Let's Get Lost by Beck and Bat For Lashes, Lara's Theme by MantovaniThe Cossack's Song by The Red Army Choir, Numb by Linkin Park, Dirty Little Secret by Sarah McLachlan.

FORTY-SEVEN

o

"Ash and Ria were on their way home when they were hit by a truck who slid through an intersection." Irina answered trying to stay somewhat calm seeing the scared little faces of the children looking up at her.

"Oh God…" Sydney gasped.

"He hit on the drivers side… Ash is in bad shape-" Irina ended in a whisper.

"The baby!" Sophia gagged on her sob knowing that Ash had two months to go to deliver and was quite pregnant. "And what about Ria?" She asked of the other precious little girl in the car with Ash.

"She was in her car seat and they think she's okay …maybe a concussion they're not sure we have to go now!" Irina rushed out quickly realizing they were just standing there in horror and immediately started helping the children down as everyone went into high-gear.

They jumped on the plane and Bella and Mikhail watched all the children at the castle residence on Irina's estate where Julian and Ash had been staying while everyone else was waiting at the hospital. It was late by the time they got there and the kids went to bed, most of them having fallen asleep on the plane.

"They had to take the baby… they're working on her now." Julian cried the moment he saw Irina come through the door first at the Operating waiting room. "I haven't been able to see her...she's too early, Mama." He cried curling into Irina's arms where she held him tightly, "Ria has a concussion and a few lacerations but otherwise unharmed… I keep going back and forth between her room and here… they have her sedated because she was hysterical in shock… and Ash is still in surgery… she's been in there a long time… since before you even left Russia."

"What are the injuries? Do you know?" Irina asked sitting down with him and holding his face in her hands trying to be strong with silent tears streaming down her cheeks looking into his bloodshot eyes.

"Several broken bones… collapsed lung from broken ribs, ruptured spleen, lacerated kidney and she was hemorrhaging massively from Placenta Abruption…" He cried thinking about how he'd almost lost her, his mother, from the same thing not too many years ago, "The impact from the truck tore away the placenta… its why they had to take the baby."

"Oh Sweetheart," Irina wrapped him in her arms again, holding him tightly and crying with him while everyone looked on helplessly with blinding tears.