39) A Surprise

Music for this chapter (on repeat): Dragula by Rob Zombie, March of the Toys by Christmas Spirit, The Nutcracker by Tchaikowsky, My Favorite Things by Christmas Spirit, I Will Remember You by Amy Grant, Far Away By Nickelback,
Kissing You by Desiree from Romeo & Juliet Soundtrack.

THIRTY-NINE

o

Los Angeles - October 31st, 2004

"She has seriously got to be the cutest cat I've ever seen." Vaughn smiled looking at his daughter dressed as an Aristocat from the Disney film, which Sydney thought highly appropriate for their baby girl as the kittens in the film were French and her daughter was after all, one quarter.

"Oh, I have to agree." Irina gasped with hand over her heart taking pictures of her granddaughter on the living room floor of their house where she was propped up against Sydney's old beanbag from high school.

Anya was loving her costume and wiggling around happily sitting up, throwing around her puffy mitten covered 'paws' and swiping at Vaughn's face when he moved in repeatedly to kiss her stomach. Mitchell was crawling around on the floor as a vampire chasing Nadia who was dressed as a Cossack heading towards her brother who was playing with their toys, dressed as a Cowboy. Their costumes were entirely too cute and brought laughter and smiles to everyone whenever they looked at them.

"What are they doing to her? What's taking this long?" Vaughn asked with a laugh looking towards the French Doors with curtains drawn shutting them out from seeing outside in the backyard.

Weiss and Sophia had come to Irina and Jack saying they found the perfect costume for Lena and wouldn't they 'pretty please' let them get her ready for her first real experience going door-to-door Trick-or-Treating. For the last half hour, the backyard was off limits to everyone while they got her ready.

"I have no idea but knowing my daughter and son-in-law…" Katya shrugged her eyebrow with a laugh stealing a piece of candy corn from the large black kettle bowl, "It's going to be entertaining, for certain."

"Okay," Sophia came inside with a huge giggly grin, "She's ready."

"You take the camera, I'll get a baby." Irina smiled handing Jack the camera and already laughing seeing the look in Sophia's eyes of hysterical laughter held back and about to be released. She picked up the nearest baby to her, Nicholas the little Cowboy while Katya grabbed Nadia and Carrie and Sydney each brought out their own babies to see Lena. Everyone else followed them outside and were told to wait on the back deck while Sophia disappeared around the side of the house to get Lena and her husband.

"Ok Princess Tiger Lilly," Weiss kissed her and set her in place, "Let's go!" He smiled and started walking around the house, looking back to make sure she was following him and already laughing looking back at her.

When he came around the corner with Sophia, everyone turned their' heads to see Lena and Sophia hit Play on the remote in her hand for the backyard surround-sound.

*Dragula*

The tiny girl came roaring out from around the corner in a black miniature Humvee electric toy car that immediately had them laughing hysterically to see her driving such a thing and then to see what she was wearing.