73) All The Time In The World

AN: You really want to listen to the music for this one. You do. You really do. You just don't know it yet. You'll be so happy you did. It's as important to this story as anything else. Quite telling.

Music for this chapter (on repeat): Young Blood by BirdyWhat You Wanted by OneRepublicMyth, Power and Beauty by Nick Glennie-Smith, Home by Philip Phillips, PM's Love Theme by Craig Armstrong, Time by Hans Zimmer, Balcony Scene by Craig Armstrong from Romeo & Juliet Score Soundtrack, The End by Hans Zimmer from The Rise of the Dark Knight Soundtrack, TVD Score Elena Lives John Dies, Hymn For The Missing By Red, Theme from The Notebook Main Title by Aaron Zigman , Pieces By Red You Raise Me Up by Josh GrobanGoodbyesby Celine Dion, Walkaway by Thomas Newman, Tania by James Horner, Gymnopedie No. 3 by Erik Satie, Skinny Love By BirdyPM's Love Theme by Craig Armstrong, Honor Himby Hans Zimmer and Lisa Gerrard, Lord's Prayer -Russian Orthodox Music by Tallis Scholars, I Will Come Back by Hans Zimmer, I Grieve by Peter Gabriel, Prayerby Celine Dion

o

*Young Blood*

"I think its time to make some changes." Irina spoke quietly to Jack slipping into bed at night the first week in May and exhausted from getting ready for the 25th year of Imperial Rule Celebration Jubilee that was going to be massive in scale.

"What kind of changes?" Jack asked wrapping his arm around her when she snuggled against and over his body as she had always done.

"I think that are children are ready…and now is a good time to start handing things over to them." She spoke quietly while staring at the family portrait of them on the wall across the bedroom while Jack's eyes widened and heart began to pound.

"What do you mean, you think they're ready to hand things over to?" He asked with the same quiet voice while swallowing the massive dry lump suddenly in his throat knowing exactly what she meant.

"I mean…that Lena is ready, Jack. And I think now would be a good time for the future of Russia to have a new ruler leading the way…a fresh pair of eyes and heart to circumnavigate the ever changing world." She drew circles on his chest with her fingertip in a pattern Jack had long ago memorized almost tattooed into his skin. "And if we start the transition now we'll have years to guide her through it and stand by her side if she needs guidance or help until she's fully confident of doing it completely on her own."

"You've really thought about this." Jack ran his hand over the back of her hair with a fear pounding through him he didn't know would exist at the thought of Lena taking over. "Do you really think she's ready?"

"I do…I can't deny that fate has been working out the way it has for a reason, Jack…and that our children have lived the lives they have thus far for a purpose. As much as I hate it, all that she's gone through has advanced Lena years beyond her age in maturity. She's become ready a lot sooner then I ever would have expected when she was first named the Tsarevicha, but she was made so for a reason. I have to believe that. I have to believe there was a reason for all of this happening like it has, Jack." She turned her head against him so she could look him in the eyes. "My heart is saying this is what I'm supposed to do. I feel it more so everyday, that this is the way it needs to be…Lena is supposed to take over now, I just feel it."