11) Wedding Vows

AN: Yay! Sydney's wedding is here :)

Music for this chapter (on repeat): Chapel of Love by The Dixie Cups, In My Daughter's Eyes by Martina McBride,Flying by James Newton Howard fromPeter Pan Soundtrack, Canon in D by Pachelbel, Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring by Josh Groban, PM's Love Theme by Craig Armstrong, Making Memories of Us by Keith Urban, Father Daughter by Paul Simon, L.O.V.E. by Nat King Cole, It Had to Be You by Harry Connick Jr., Russian Waltz by Dmitri Shostackovich, Unforggetable by Nat King Cole, Celebrate by Earth, Wind and Fire, Brick House by The Commodores, When I Get You Alone by Robin Thicke.

ELEVEN

o

*Chapel of Love*

"Oh, Sweetheart." Irina's breath left her in a soft whoosh when she walked into the room where Sydney was being dressed. She had been in another room with her Ladies in Waiting as they helped her to get ready and now she stood, fully dressed in her own breathtaking off-white gown, tiara, Imperial baby blue sash with the Imperial symbol of the Romanovs, and the Order of St. Andrew and looking every bit the Empress she was. She was carrying Lena, wearing only her Onzie as she would be dressed in her own beautiful gown and tiny tiara at the last possible minute. The baby was extremely active and bouncing in her mother's arms with a big smile, loving the brilliant jewels on her Mama's neck.

Instant tears flooded her eyes when Sydney turned towards her, big smile on her face as she looked down at her white wedding gown and back up to her mother. Never believing this day would come, and especially not with her mother, alive and present to attend.

It was the wedding gown of her dreams, designed especially for her by Vera Wang, who had done her mother's and entirely fitting of a royal wedding. Designed much the same way as Irina's was with slight variations to make it her own, a new style created entirely for them, 'The Romanov Collection.'

She was wearing the same Imperial Jewels her mother had worn on her own wedding day; her long hair had been pulled up and the matching tiara for her jewels adorned her head. She looked every bit the part of a princess.

"I feel like Cinderella." Sydney smiled radiantly; her dimples the deepest Irina had ever seen them. Her childhood dreams were actually coming true; she was a princess about to marry her fairy tale prince wearing the most beautiful gown of her life.

Irina could barely breathe and tried desperately to blink back her tears as she looked at her little girl before her. Lena was wiggling, demanding to be put down and Irina knelt to set her down, her eyes never leaving Sydney as she took in the sight before her. Lena gurgled happily and immediately began crawling towards her sister on the small circular platform, wearing the beautiful dress with the massive train that looked all too tempting to play with.

"You look…absolutely beautiful." Irina took the last steps towards her, holding out her arms with a smile and hugging her, kissing the side of Sydney's face. "I never thought I'd be able to see you on your wedding day." She lost the battle with her tears and one fell silently down her cheek, as she smiled.

"Mom…" Sydney smiled and held onto her mother's hands, not wanting to see her cry and trying to fight off her own tears, her thumbs rubbing nervous circles on the back's of Irina's hands.