8) Jack's Birthday

AN: Music for this chapter (on repeat): Girls Just Want to Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper, Soul Bossa Nova by Quincy Jones and His Orchestra, Boots Were Made For Walkin' by Nancy Sinatra, Come On Closer by Jem, Foxey Lady by Jimmy Hendrix, Only Fools Rush In by Elvis Presley, Thousand Years by Christiana Perry ft steeve kazz, Baby of Mine by Bette Midler, Good Life by OneRepublic, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo by Verna Felton from Cinderella Soundtrack, When You Wish Upon A Star by Cliff Edwards and the Disney Chorus from Pinocchio Soundtrack.

EIGHT

o

Immediately, Irina broke into tears; first from shock, then from the reality of it and then the possibility. Fear, excitement, astonishment that this was happening again, were all running rampant in her mind.

Katya leaned over and kissed Irina's cheeks, tearing up and crying herself as she hugged her sister.

"It's going to be all right, Irina." She pulled Irina up into her arms and the two held each other, crying. "Aren't you happy? Excited? "

"Oh course, I am." Irina sniffled, pulling back and laying back down on the bed, accepting the tissue Katya offered her. "But, I mean… I already have a baby! Lena's not even a year old and not that it makes any difference and Sydney's wedding and running the country and not to mention dealing with my insulin deficiency and heart problems and Jack… Oh Jack. God, I can't imagine what his reaction to this is going to be." Irina closed her eyes and covered them with the arm over her forehead, "I'm just…"

"Overwhelmed." Katya smiled in complete understanding.

"Yes." Irina sighed and a silent tear slipped down her cheek once more.

"Rina, let's concentrate on the positives here for right now." Katya spoke softly with a smile, pulling the arm from her sister's eyes; she placed her own hand over the bare, warm skin of Irina's abdomen, feeling for herself for the first time, the firm oval shaped mound and her smile widened as more tears fell looking into Irina's eyes. "Irina, you're having a baby. You're getting another miracle." She spoke so softly it was a conversation meant for only them.

"I'm having another baby." Irina whispered, saying it out loud for the first time. "I'm having a baby?" Her astonishment was slowly turning the corners of her mouth into a smile.

"Yes." Katya smiled, wiping at her own tears.

"I'm having a baby." Irina finally smiled that brilliant smile everyone loved so much and pulled Katya back down to hug her, laughing softly. "Oh, Jack." She sighed, batting at her tears realizing she had yet to share this with him. "I've got to tell him."

"Well, this will certainly be a birthday, he won't soon forget!" Katya pulled back smiling widely and laughing with her sister, joining their hands over the baby mound.

A soft knocking interrupted their little celebration and Katya quickly pulled open the nightstand drawer and placed the pregnancy stick inside, shutting it with a smile at Irina before answering the door.

"Sydney!" Katya smiled happily and kissed her disheveled niece with a laugh, taking in her appearance of freshly showered and in new pajamas, like her mother.

"Not so loud, please." Sydney winced trying to smile. "Jose is still banging his bongo drums in my head."

"Oh, my apologies." Katya laughed softly at her niece's humor, "Go join your mother in bed, she's in the same shape you're in."