40) Lena's 1st Day At School

AN: A big chapter. Enjoy the calm before the storm and I leave you something to ponder in regards to time: the past, present and future of this story and how it will all tie together...

"Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny." - C.S. Lewis.

Music for this chapter (on repeat): Chariots of Fire by Vangelis, Put Your Head On My Shoulder by Paul Anka,Myth, Power and Beauty by Nick Glennie-Smith, Never Grow Old by The Cranberries, Fumbling Towards Ecstasy (Junior Boys Mix) by Sarah McLachlan & Junior Boys, Time by Hans Zimmer from Inception Soundtrack.

FORTY

o

They swept the Oscars once again with them bringing home Best Picture for the fourth and final film as well as several others that joined the Oscars, the MTV Moon Men, the Grammy's and the American Music Awards from the previous year on shelves in the palace theatre next to the four film posters. The little red wagon that Billy Crystal had brought onstage half way through the show and presented to them to carry home all their Oscars in, was now in the playroom where Lena was all too happy to pull her younger siblings, niece and Mitchell around.

On the First of April, right on time, Katya became a Babushka with the birth of her first grandchild, Mia Sophia Ekaterina. Mia had stolen her father's heart the moment he laid eyes on her and wept with happiness, falling that much more in love with Sophia for the perfect little girl she had given them.

"Something this cute can't possibly come from you." Vaughn teased Weiss holding Mia for the first time in the hospital, "It's a good thing she looks like her mother."

"Are you crazy?" Sophia laughed, "She looks just like him!"

"Shh!" Vaughn smiled with a teasing tone as he passed the baby back to her father, "You're not supposed to tell him that."

"My turn." Irina smiled eagerly with motioning hands wanting to hold the gorgeous new tiny Romanov woman, "Hand my Godchild over to me."

"Okay, okay, Godmother," Weiss snickered absolutely giddy every time he called her that and passed his daughter to the only woman who could be her Godmother, Irina.

Anya celebrated her first birthday on her Mommy's thirtieth. She was truly a stunning baby, the perfect mixture of Sydney, Irina, and Bella and only grew more beautiful everyday.

A month later, they welcomed Jaxx and Eva on Mother's Day, which also happened to be the Second Anniversary of Irina's Coronation and Imperial Russia.

Sydney had gone into labor in the middle of the special church service and 'leaking' onto the marble floor as they all quickly stood, rapidly apologized and hurried out the door amongst throngs of laughter, cheers, and applause from everyone else in the church.

"He's got blonde hair!" Bella squealed quietly when she first laid eyes upon her grandson and held him in her arms while they passed Eva to Irina.

"I know. It's so cute, isn't it?" Sydney smiled absolutely in love with her new babies. "I was like, 'where'd that come from' when I first saw him and then Vaughn mentioned you had blonde hair when you were born, too." She smiled happily at her mother-in-law, seeing the joy on Bella's face at finding her own traits in her new grandbabies passed on.