X

Lucas's mom and I were drinking tea and talking. It was pleasing. "You're really strong. I like you. You're perfect for YukHei." She smiled.

"Thank you, mother." I bowed a little.

"I want to give you something." I looked at her and she took off her necklace. I was confused. "Take this."

"But this is yours

"But this is yours." I said.

"This has been in our family for generations. It was offered to each woman in the family that got married." I looked at her. What do I do? What do I say? "A mother gave it to her daughter, that daughter gave it to her daughter and so on."

"But I'm not your daughter." I said.

"Once you are with my son you will be. And I welcome you with open arms." I started tearing up. "I really believe you and my son are made for each other." I kept quiet. "Please stay with him. I know he's not easy to handle." She stood up and put the necklace on me. "It looks beautiful on you." She said, smiling while a tear rolled down her cheek. I hugged her.

We got back home to meet up with Lucas and his father. "We're going out to eat dinner." Lucas informed. I looked at him.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" I asked, holding his hand and leading him to his room. I closed the door. "I can't do this." I said.

"What why?" He asked.

"You're mom really believes we are together. She said we are perfect for each other and she gave me the necklace. I can't lie to her. She really wants you to be with someone." I said.

"Not someone. She wants me to stay with you." He said.

"I can't." I said. He grabbed my shoulders.

"Then be my girlfriend for real." He said. I was shocked.

"What?"

"If you can't pretend then be mine, be my girlfriend." He said.

"That's not what I mean when I say I want someone." I said. He put a hand on each cheek.

"I beg you. I need you to do this for me, for my mom." He said. I sighed. It's just a weekend.

"Fine." He smiled.

" He smiled

"Thank you." He smiled. I sighed. He held my hand and went to the living room. "Let's go eat dinner." We drove to a restaurant. Once we got there, they led us to a table. "Wow this is fancy." Lucas mentioned.

"We want the best for you two." His mother said, holding my hand. I smiled. "I really would love to go to your wedding. But who knows what will happen tomorrow."

"Mother, let's not talk about tomorrow." Lucas said. His father put his hand on her shoulder.

"Let's enjoy tonight." His father said.

After laughing and talking we had done eating. I had laughed a lot with them I had to use the bathroom.  I walked up to a waiter and asked where the toilets are.

"You go down the stairs and it's on your right." He said. Downstairs? I nod. I walked to the stairs. It's not a basement! You are safe. I started walking down the stairs and turned to my right. Suddenly I started feeling dizzy. I rest my hands on the counter. Trying to breath slowly. I have to get out of here. I turned to the door but couldn't move. I lost all the strength and passed out.

Lucas's POV

Minji went to the bathroom. I decided to ask my mom about the necklace. "Mother? Why did you give Minji your necklace?"

"Son, she is the right person for you, you become less aggressive with her around. And she told me you help her with her trauma. You are the right people for each other." She said, convinced.

"Trauma?" I asked.

"Yes, she got kidnapped." I looked at her wide eyed. She what. "You didn't know?" I then heard someone call.

"Someone help!" I stood up as fast as I can and ran to the voice, the bathroom. I pushed through people. There she is. Passed out. I kneeled next to her.

"Minji! Minji, wake up it's me." I repeated. I picked her up bridal way and walked upstairs. My parents followed me to the car. My mother was in the back with Minji. I drove home. Once there I put her on my couch. I grabbed a towel, wetting it and put it on her forehead.

"Does this happen often?" My father asked.

"It's the first time she passes out." I answered. I'm worried.

"No." She breathed out. "Save me." I held her hand. "Lucas." She whispered.

"Yes, I'm here." I said. She woke up and immediately sat up straight. "Are you ok?" She didn't answer. Suddenly she wraps her arms around my neck. She's hugging me.

"Don't ever leave, please." She whispered.