XV

Lucas and I were heading to work, because our boss called us. We walked up to his office knocking on the door. "Come in." We walked in. "Sit down." We sat down. He looked stressed.

"Is everything ok, boss?" I asked. He breathed in.

"Are you two together?" He asked. We looked at him confused.

"What?"

"I know it's weird of me asking. But you are young. I really don't want any PDA in my shop."

"PDA?" He turned the screen of his pc to us. The security cameras, of course.

"To our defense this was when the shop was empty." Lucas said.

"Yes but people eat on those tables. So I decided, since you can't keep it professional. I'm going to fire you." He said.

"Who?" I asked.

"Both of you." He said.

"Both?" Lucas asked. I'm shocked. What the hell?

"It was nice working with you. Goodbye." He said opening the door. I just walked away. Unbelievable. I walked back to Lucas's place to get my stuff.

"Minji!" Lucas called. I'm not in the mood. We were at the door. "I'm sorry."

"I have bigger problems right now." I said walking into his apartment. His parents were there. I stopped Lucas froze too.

"You're still here?" He asked.

"Our flight got delayed. Because of the weather." His mother smiled. I smiled back. "Do you need some time alone?"

"No, we're fine." Lucas smiled. I went to the kitchen and cooked lunch. I brought it to them.

"Oh dear you shouldn't have, I'm not hungry." She said.

"You should eat something. You have to take your medicine." I put my hand on her shoulder. "It's not a lot." I saw Lucas looking at me from the corner of my eye. I looked at him and saw he had tears in his eyes. He looked down. "So when is your flight?"

"They changed it to 4 in the morning." His father said. My eyes went wide.

"4? That's terribly late or early depending on how you see it." He smiled.

"We will be fine." He said.

"After eating you should rest before the flight. " i said. Lucas stood up and left. What's with him? They ate and took their medicine. His mother held my hand and pulled me to sit next to her.

"I want to say thank you. For your hospitality. The way you welcomed us." I smiled. "Also." She paused. Tears forming in her eyes. "Please take good care of my son. There's something you don't know. He used to be suicidal depending on my health. If he saw me suffering he would do something stupid. I don't want my son to do something stupid after I leave. Please protect him from himself." I lost my words. "I trust you." I hugged her.

"Nothing will happen to him. I promise." She started crying. His father looked at me smiling, thankfully. Behind his father was him, Lucas. He was crying. He looked down and left. I pulled away. "Take some rest before the flight. Call me if you need something." They agreed and went to bed. I left following Lucas. I got to the rooftop and there he was. I approached and started hearing him, he was crying. I put a hand on his shoulder. He wouldn't stop so I hugged him wrapping my arms around his waist.

After a while he stopped. We were both looking at the sunset. "My mother got sick because of me." He said. I looked at him.

"Don't say that." I said.

"It's true. I got locked up in the basement of my house. I couldn't escape. That day we had a fire in my house. While I was stuck. My mother was the only one that came back looking for me. She saved me but after she got lung cancer from all the smoke she breathed in during the fire. She had surgery and should be healthy but the doctors still say she could leave at any moment. I feel guilty. The day she dies, I won't know what to do. I will be lost." I rest my hand on his thigh.

"Don't be like that. It's not your fault." I said. He kept looking into the distance.

"All my mother wanted for me now is, for me to find someone get married so I can forget her and all she's going through. I never found someone. I just wanted to see her happy now. Now seeing you take care of her makes me happy. Thanks to you, I have what I want. Thank you minji." He said. A tear slid down my face.

"You're welcome." I said. He looked at me.

"Feels good to open up after keeping it for myself for years

"Feels good to open up after keeping it for myself for years." He said. I smiled. He smiled back. "You should try it too." I kept quiet. "You can trust me."

"What do you want to know?" I asked.