XVI

"What do you want to know?" I asked.

"Everything." He answered. I sighed.

"My father had an affair with my mom while he was married to another woman who couldn't get pregnant. My mom got pregnant with my sister but he didn't care. Once my brother and I were born, he divorced that woman to marry my mom. That woman out of anger kidnapped my brother and I. He was 6 and I was 5. She kept us in a basement. No food no water. The basement was pitch black and full of spider webs and spiders. The scars on my ankles are from the material she tied my ankles with. Zip ties. My brother doesn't have severe scars because he escaped. Once he escaped she got really mad and hit me with something on my back, that's the scar you saw yesterday." I said. He was shocked. "The reason why I have the breakdowns whenever I go to a basement is because I hear that woman's voice. I hear her say. "Trust me. Come with me." It scares me to the point I lose my strength on my ankles who at the time were tied, that's why I fall.   I can't look at my father. He put my brother and I in danger. That's why I moved to Korea." I hesitated for a bit. "Yesterday. When we were about to kiss. When I closed my eyes I heard her again, that's why I pulled away. I got scared."

"I'm so sorry. I had no idea." He said. "I know now why you never told me." He hugged me. "Thank you, for trusting."

"Thank you too. For listening." I said. "It does feel good after opening up." He pet my head. I just closed my eyes and enjoyed the hug. I don't want this to end!

It was now 2am and we had to get ready to bring Lucas's parents to the airport. We got in the car and drove there. I was in the passenger's seat. "I hope you two have kids. My grandchildren would be beautiful people." I giggled, looking outside the window.

"Maybe one day mother." Lucas said.

Once at the airport we helped them with their suitcases. "You should go." Lucas said. Lucas hugged his father.

"See you soon son. I'm proud of you." He said. He turned to me. He hugged me too, very unexpected. "Thank you, please keep taking good care of him." I smiled.

"I will." He held me by my shoulders.

"Call me if he treats you badly." He joked. I giggled.

"Yes sir." I said. He smiled. Lucas was sobbing in his mother's arms. I immediately got teary eyes.

"Don't worry my son. We will come back for new years." She said. They separated and she walked up to me. She held my hands. "You my dear. My daughter. It makes me happy to know, he's in your hands. I can't thank you enough." She hugged me. "I hope to see you again. I love you like my own." That's it I was crying. She pet my back to calm me down. She pulled away and reached for Lucas. She dragged him to my side. "I'm so happy." She said looking at us both. They started leaving and we waved. Once we didn't see them anymore we went back to the car. Lucas just sat there looking straight forward.

"What if this is the last time I saw her?" He asked, starting to cry again. I took of my seatbelt so I could move closer. I put one hand on his shoulder and the other on his thigh.

"Lucas, don't think like that. You told her to not think about tomorrow, the future. You yourself shouldn't think about it. All you can do now is enjoy the time she's here call her whenever you have time. Don't think about the future." I said. He looked at me.

"Why are you like this?" He asked, stopped crying.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You always have the right words. You always know what to say." He said.

"I promised her I'll help you." I said.

We drove back to my apartment. "Thank you for dropping me off." I smiled, leaving the car. I grabbed my things. I walked to the door but he called me. I turned around.

"Thank you, for everything." He said. I smiled and waved. I walked inside. My brother was sleeping. I went to the bathroom and got ready to bed. I laid next to my brother and fell asleep instantly.