XXI

Dance practice was long today. We spent 6 hours practicing and it still wasn't over. My phone rang. I picked up. "Hello?"

"Isabella it's me Lucas's father." He finished his sentence and I immediately hung up.

"Minji, What's wrong?" Someone asked.
I grabbed my stuff and left.

"MinJi! MINJI." They called. I ran, i was running for life. Not my life, Lucas's. I ran as fast as I could. I got to his apartment and opened the door.

"Lucas! Where are you?" I looked in every room. Nothing. Then it hit me. The rooftop. I ran up the stairs. My face was wet, I was crying. I'm scared. I got to the rooftop and saw Lucas, standing on the edge of the building. I walked up to him. "Lucas, listen to me. Please come down. Don't do this. Don't jump. I beg you."

"She's gone, bella." He called.

"Lucas, please." I just cried. He didn't move. I got up on the edge with him. He looked at me. Tears sliding down my face.

"Do I go first?" I asked. He snapped and dragged me back on the floor off the edge.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"What? I can't jump? How selfish can you be? Thinking about how miserable you are. Wanting to end that. If you leave that makes me miserable. So why can't I jump now? Avoid being miserable?" He held me by my shoulder.

"It's different."

"It's not. I care as much about you as you cared about your mother. I tried my best helping you. I risked my own life saving your ass from being ran over and you just end it? How ungrateful can you be?" I asked. "How selfish can you be?" He just kept crying and wrapped his arms around me.

"She's gone." He breathed out.

"She's not. She'll only be gone if your heart stops beating. So don't kill it." I said. He buried his face in my hair.

"New years was only two weeks away." He sobbed.

"I know." I sighed.

We got back downstairs and sat on his couch. "I can't afford a flight right now." I sighed.

"We'll find a way." I said.

The next morning I woke up early and walked to Lucas's place. I walked in. "Lucas, wake up." He groaned. He slowly opened his eyes. They were red and puffy. I wanna hug him so bad. I'm so sorry. "Come on. Pack." He looked at me confused. "We're going to the funeral support your father. He needs you right now."

"I don't have money." He mumbled.

"I have the tickets already." I said. He put his hand on his face leading them to his hair. I saw a tear slide down to his ear. He stood up and hugged me.

"You shouldn't have." He said.

"I want to." I pulled away. "Go pack, our flight is at 1pm." He got dressed and packed whatever. We walked out calling a taxi. We got in. I was looking out the window but soon I felt a hand hold mine. I turn my head.

"Thank you for doing this with me

"Thank you for doing this with me." He mumbled. I smiled.

After 4 hours

We arrived in China and got our suitcases. We called another taxi and Lucas gave him his address. After a while the taxi pulled over to a little house. We got out and grabbed our suitcases. Lucas led me to his house rang the doorbell. A younger boy opened the door. Once he saw Lucas he hugged him and started crying. Lucas pulled away and we walked inside. The teen bowed saying hello to me. I bowed back. Lucas's father came and also hugged him crying. He looks miserable. He pulled away from Lucas and looked at me. I gave him little smile. He came up to me and hugged me too. The funeral is tomorrow. Everything was silent until, "Thank you for coming you two." His father said. "I'm happy the couple my wife most cared about is still together." I looked at Lucas. He looked at me. We were silent. After dinner we went to Lucas's room. I sat on my bed, hanging my head. Then I look at the necklace. I have never taken it off. I held it in my hands.

"She really loved you." Lucas said. I look at him and took a deep breath. "Let's go to sleep." He laid on the bed and opened his arms. I laid next to him and put my head on his shoulder. He wrapped his hands around me. I want to stay in his arms forever.