XXXXI

We haven't been able to find her. Lucas was picking up my brother from the airport. What if she took my mother where she kept me? No police ever really found out where I was being kept. I put the harness on sky and left the house. I'm not sure where it is or where I'm going, but I'm going. I kept walking where ever my mind told me too.

After walking for a while I found it. The abandoned hospital, where I was being kept in its basement. I took a deep breath. I called Lucas. "Yes? Where are you?"

"I'll turn my location on, track me down and bring the police, I think I found her." I said.

"What? No it's to dange-" I hung up. I wrapped Sky's leash on a pole and walked inside.

I walked down the hallways silently

I walked down the hallways silently. My heart was racing. I found the stairs to the basement and my heart dropped. I fell on my knees. Isabella, stand up! You're mother needs you! Do this for her. I stood back up. I walked down the stairs, only thinking about my mother. Once in the same basement as years ago, I felt presence, but I couldn't see anyone. Suddenly I feel someone grabbing my hands behind my back. I hear a laugh, not from behind me. The woman appears in front of me.

"Hello, Isabella." She laughed. "It's nice seeing you again. Seeing you are healthy. With a modeling career in south Korea. I knew I had to meet you again. I'm a huge fan."

"Where's my mother?" I asked.

"When you were younger, I wanted to try and make you understand. That your momma is right here." She said, caressing my cheek. I tried to move from the grip, but I couldn't.

"Where is she?!" I called.

"In some corner, I'm not sure. But you're the real Jem I was looking for. Us two along with your father, we would be a beautiful family." I turn my head out of disgust and see a body laying on the floor, hands and feet tied. I got out of the grip and punched the guy and the woman. I ran to the body. I turned her around.

"Mother! Mother please wake up! Do you hear me? Wake up!" She slowly started opening her eyes. I released her arms and she hugged me. "Are you ok?"

"Isabella, careful!" She yelled. I instinctively laid on the floor, and heard a gun fire. I look at the woman. She was pointing the gun at us, I put myself infront of my mom. "What are you doing?" She asked. I ignored. "Isabella!"

"You're so brave!" The mad woman laughed. I stood up.

"What will you accomplish if you kill us?" I asked.

"Pleasure." She prepared the gun to shoot. Lucas where are you?

"PUT THE GUN DOWN!" Someone yelled. I look to my right and see Lucas and Rafael accompanied by a dozen police men. I felt relief. The woman let go of the gun. The police took her and her man away. I hugged my mother.

"You saved me." She breathed out. "Thank you! From the bottom of my heart, sweetheart. Thank you!"

"I love you mother!" I cried. Rafael came and hugged us both.

"Are you ok?" He asked. I then stood up and Lucas hugged me.

"I was so scared! Don't do that again!" He said. I pulled away.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled. He hugged me again.

"Don't be." He said.

We went home after visiting the police station and the hospital. I was exhausted. Lucas and I laid on my bed, with Sky at our feet. I raised my hands and looked at my now blue wrists. The guy held on too tight. Lucas cuddled up to me. I looked at him.

"I hate seeing you hurt." He whined. I cuddled up to him.

"I'm ok, everyone is fine." Lucas then fell asleep. I stood up to get some water. I got to the kitchen and my mother was there. "You're up?"

"Mhm, I can't sleep." She said. I poured myself a cup of water and her too. I sat down infront of her. "You know, I've been thinking about divorce. He's only putting us in danger and I don't feel the same about him. I don't love him. Seeing you and Lucas... makes me realize. I'm not in love with him. We just argue there isn't one day where I'm like. He's a good man."

"As much as I hate him. You know I don't approve divorce, but if you don't love him then do as you wish. I actually wanted to ask you something. A favor." She looked at me. "I know it wouldn't be easy, but I want you to move to korea. I want to have you close to me and Brasil isn't safe. Lucas and I are soon moving in together to a real house. You could stay in my current place, close to me. So I can make sure, you're doing fine." She sighed and grabbed my hand.

"I know you care but I don't know if that's possible." She said.

"It is, I'll make it possible." I said.

"I will think about it. Go sleep you have a flight soon." I nod my head and kissed her cheek.

"I love you momma."

"I love you too sweetie." I went to my bed and fell asleep.