XII

We were driving back. "So you think I'm beautiful." I said.

He let out a chuckle. "Ahh my acting sure is great." I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever."

"Why didn't you tell him we aren't dating?" Lucas asked.

"He didn't let me. And also what would he think if I say I'm sleeping at your place when we aren't a thing?" I said, not looking at him.

"I see." He breathed out. He pulled over at his place. I was about to leave the car, but he grabbed my wrist. "We might as well just actually date." I looked at him.

"I already told you. That's not how I want things to be." I said and left the car. I grabbed my things and his parents opened the door immediately. "Oh you're still awake?"

"We were waiting for you." I smiled at his father.

"Where have you been?" His mother asked.

"Oh I went home to take some fresh clothes and my brother talked to lucas for a while. That's why we took so long." I smiled.

"Brother? You have family here?" She asked. All of us sat on the couch.

"Yes they are here to visit. They came on Wednesday." I said.

"Perfect let's invite them over tomorrow and get to know them." She smiled.

"No!" Lucas and I blurted out. She looked at us surprised.

"Uh you see my sister isn't here so it wouldn't be nice doing it without her." I explained.

"It's ok we'll come another time to meet her." The father said.

"Give us a second." Lucas smiled and led me to his room. "Call your parents and explain everything."

"What?"

"Tell them everything maybe they'll play along."

"Are you crazy? Old Brazilians can't keep a secret they don't know how to act or pretend." I said.

"Then tell them you have a boyfriend and they should come over to meet me and my family." He was serious.

"Lie to them too?" I asked. "I can't." He put a hand on each side of my head.

"I beg you. I'll kiss you if you do." He said.

"ew then I won't." I said. He rolled his eyes.

"Please." He begged. I sighed.

"I should get paid." I said.

"One day." He smirked. I walked back to the living room.

"I'll call them." I smiled his parents cheered. I called my mom and she agreed same with Rafael. "They are ok with it." I forced a smile. Lucas smiled. What have I gotten myself into?

His parents went to sleep, but Lucas and I were on the rooftop of the apartment building. It had a beautiful view.

The air blowing through my hair

The air blowing through my hair. This was perfect. "What did your mom say?"

"Since when are you dating?" I replied.

"What did you say?"

"A few weeks." Lucas just nod his head. "What about your father?" I looked at him annoyed. "I want to know. I want to know what you've been through."

"I don't want to open up to someone that isn't willing to open up to me." I said.

"I want to open up, but I don't know how to." He breathed out. I sighed looking at the lights of the streets. "One day I will. I promise."

"Have you ever opened up to someone?" I asked.

"No. I haven't." I kept quiet. "What about you?"

"Yes, to Mark." I said. I saw from the corner of my eye, lucas clenched his fist.

"Why him?"he asked.

"We are really close. Ever since I'm in korea we spend every day together." I smiled thinking about all the memories.

"Have you ever liked him?" He asked. I looked at him.

"I don't know. Why do you ask?" I asked.

"Can't I?" He asked and stood up. "I'm going to sleep." I nod my head. "Aren't you coming?"

"No I'm perfectly fine here." I smiled at nothing. He sighed and left. I stayed there for a while.

After taking in the beauty of the night I walked downstairs to his apartment. I walked in and he was on the couch sleeping. Such a baby. I walked closer to look at him. He's so peaceful.

"I will open up to you soon, I promise

"I will open up to you soon, I promise." I whispered. I put my pijamas on and laid on the other couch.