XXIII

I was in the kitchen and heard groaning. He's awake. I took a glass of water and some medicine. I walked to the room and he was holding his head. I sat down next to him, he put his hands down and sat up. "What happened?" You kissed me.

"You got really drunk." I said, quietly.

"Did I do something?" He asked. You kissed me.

"No nothing much. I just got mad because you drank for soo long. I'm worried Lucas." I said. He took the medicine and drank some water. "You need to stop drinking. Stop killing yourself, I beg you." He looked at me. He then rest his head on my lap.

"I was miserable. I wanted to forget." He mumbled.

"It didn't help. You got more miserable. You remembered even more. Quit doing it. Call me instead. Talk to me. I'm here Lucas." I said, while thinking that the angle his seeing me in is not flattering. Direct view to my double chin named Patrick.

"But you keep leaving. We keep drifting away." He whispered.

"Then I won't. If you don't want me to leave tell me. Let me know." I said. He sat back up. He just looked at me and smiled.

"Let's go out today. I want to take you somewhere." He said. I just looked at him. He didn't even tell me to not leave. What is going on in this guy's head? He stood up and went to shower. I sighed and went home to get ready.

After one hour I was ready and the doorbell rang. I opened the door and there he was. "Ready?" I nod my head. He grabbed my hand and dragged me to the car.

"Is this your friend's?" I asked. He chuckled.

"It's mine." He said proudly. I smiled at his satisfaction. We pulled over in the middle of Seoul. We got out of the car. He grabbed my hand and we walked along the streets. "You look beautiful." He said not looking at me.

"Are you sure? You don't even look me in the eyes." I said. I know he's tough, i know he wants to be cold act strong. He held my face between his huge hands. Our faces inches away.

"You are beautiful." He whispered. I broke into laughter. He let go and chuckled.

"You are handsome yourself." I smiled. He wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Isabella!" Someone called. I looked up Jaehyun. He walked up to us leaving a girl back, his date. "How are you babe?"

"Babe?" I asked. He smiled.

"Yes, we talked about going on a date soon."

"I don't think I agreed. Also your date is back there and mine is right here." I said, this is not funny. I want to punch him.

"Date?" He laughed. "Yah! If you never wanted something, you shouldn't have acted to me like you did at school."

"At school? I barely see you. Act how? Rejecting you? You think girls who reject you are into you? Sad." I said. He got nervous and mad.

"You may leave

"You may leave." Lucas added. Jaehyun was about to explode. 

"Who even is this guy? What does he have that I don't? I'm so much better for you. I treat you better. I would give you all the love and attention he can't. He's a kid Isabella."  He said. I was speechless. All lucas did was kiss me because he was drunk. "I know you want me. It's ok I want you too. We can make each other happy." He started approaching. Lucas pulled me behind him.

"It's not ok for you to jump into all those conclusions. She clearly isn't interested. I'd be thankful if you left and didn't interrupt our date again." Lucas said. He was serious, but respectful. He's responsible. My heart melted. Jaehyun approached Lucas.

"This is not over." Jaehyun said.

This is not over.

My father's voice came into my head I shivered and yelped a little. Jaehyun walked off and Lucas turned to me. "Are you ok?" I nod my head. "This is what you do to men." He held my hand and we kept walking.

Jaehyun was always ready to help. He's caring. He's healthy. He probably would be a good partner.

Lucas stopped walking, we were at the Han river. Beautiful view. The night had fallen. The stars were bright. "While I was drunk.... i did something didn't I?" He asked looking at me.

"Why do you say that?" I asked.

"Something is strange. Something is trying to come into my head but I can't remember." Lucas looked up to the stars. Do I tell him?

"I mean you..." I hesitated.

"I kissed you didn't I?" He looked at me.

I nod my head

I nod my head. "Yes." He looked around. Like he knew it but didn't want it to be true. He started walking around. I was just standing there not knowing what to do. "Are you ok?"

"No." He turned to me. "We were supposed to have our first kiss here. At my favorite place. Where I would tell you how you make me feel. How much you help me. How I never wanna wake up without you by my side. How I don't want you to leave. Ever again. How in love I am with you." I froze. He did too. A smile crawled into my lips.