XIII

Lucas and I woke up early to go groceries shopping. We got there and started picking everything we needed. We really look like a couple right now. Suddenly I bump into someone. I look up.

 I look up

"Mark, hi." I smiled. He hugged me.

"Ah hi beautiful. How are you?" He asked, not letting go.

"I'm good." I smiled. Why isn't he letting me go?

"I miss you." He said.

"You should start missing someone else." Mark turned around. He saw Lucas.

"We should do something soon, minji." Mark looked at me ignoring Lucas. I smiled. I was nervous. Lucas laughed sarcastically, was he mad? He grabbed my wrist and pulled me to the cashier and paid. Is he jealous? Is he mad? What is happening?

"What do you see in that guy?" Lucas asked while driving.

"Nothing?" I said unsure.

"Don't talk to him again." He said.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"Cause I don't want you too." I ignored and rolled my eyes.

"Unbelievable." I breathed out. We got to the apartment and got everything ready in the kitchen. I'm cooking... obviously. His parents are still asleep. I'm doing a korean dish and a Brazilian dish. Wow so original. "Could you cut these please?" I asked Lucas. He looked at it.

"Ok?" He took it slowly.

"It doesn't bite." I informed him. "You cute them in slices." He started doing it and I just smiled at his concentration.

I shook my head and snapped back to reality

I shook my head and snapped back to reality. I did what I had to do while he cut it. I kept commanding him around until I heard the doorbell ring and his parents open the door. I'm nervous. I'm so stressed. I hugged my mom and brother and handed everyone a a drink so they can drink and talk and get to know each other. I went back to the kitchen. Wow I'm stressed. I closed my eyes and breath slowly. "Isabella? Are you ok?" I heard Rafael say. I nod my head. "It's ok. You know mom likes people easily. She makes friends easily. You're fine." He said.

"I don't worry about mom but about that man. I don't feel good. Friday after work he tried to "talk" while dragging me into a dark street. I had all the flashbacks." I started tearing up. Rafael hugged me.

"It's ok. How did you escape?" He asked.

"Lucas. He wasn't so far away and heard me." I said.

"Lucas?" He asked. "Who is that?"

"My boyfriend." I said.

"Oh true his name is Lucas. I forgot. Then you got lucky. You got yourself a personal bodyguard." He smiled and hugged me again. "I'm happy you found someone, and that you're not alone." I smiled. He kissed me on the cheek. He left and went back to the living room. Lucas was there. He smiled.

"It sounded nice." Lucas said walking up to me.

"What did?" I asked.

"Calling me your boyfriend." He smirked.

"Don't get ahead of yourself." I said. He chuckled. "Let's go the food is ready." We put it all on the table. Everyone sat down. They put me in front of Lucas and next to my brother. Lucas's father stood up.

"I want to thank everyone for coming. It's nice to meet my daughter in law's family. It's nice to gather in the name of this couple. Isabella and Yukhei. We wish you to live happily ever after." He said, smiling. So extra. Lucas grabbed my hand. He looked at me smiling I smiled too, still feeling guilty.

We spent the day, laughing eating and getting to know everyone around the table. Later we sat in the living room, drinking and talking. Embarrassing childhood stories flying all over the place. Me getting to know Lucas better and him getting to know me. This is rather nice. It was night time and my mom stood up.

"Let's go eat dinner now." She cheered.

"Yes, good idea." I cheered with her.

"No, no, no , no."

"No?"

"We are going out to eat you and Lucas should have some alone time, enjoy yourselves." She winked. His mother giggled.

"I agree, you two love birds have some ramen." She said.

"Mother." Lucas called. We hear them giggle.

"Bye. I'll convince your parents to sleep at our place so enjoy." My mom called and left. We were now alone.