XI

Minji's POV

"Don't ever leave, please." Those words left my mouth as easily as hello. Every time I suffer I see Lucas. He helps me. I felt Lucas wrap his arms around my waist.

"I won't." He whispered. My phone started ringing. Mark. I pulled away and picked up. Lucas stood up and went to the kitchen.

"Where have you been? You weren't at practice today." Mark said.

"I know I've been busy I'll be there next week." I said

"How have you been?" He asked.

"I've been good thank you." I said. "Yes I'll see you next week." I hung up. I walked to the kitchen. Lucas turned around. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"Hot chocolate." He looked down at me. "You're really small." He said. He picked me up and put me on the counter.

"You need to stop picking me up like a kid." I said. He chuckled. He gave me the hot chocolate and put some for himself too. We drank the hot chocolate in silence.

"So, you don't want me to leave?" He asked trying to tease.

"I don't. You help me the most, I feel safe around you." I said honestly. I could tell he wasn't expecting that. "The night we spent together I didn't have the nightmare." He stepped closer to me. "You make me feel safe." He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. He started leaning in.

"YukHei is she feeling be-" his mother walked in. He stepped back really quickly. I jumped from the counter. "I'm so sorry kids. Have a goodnight." Lucas and I stood in silence. He cleared his throat. I walked to the living room. Did we just? Was he gonna kiss me? Was i gonna let him? I let myself fall onto the couch. He came in and just stood there.

"How's your ankle?" He asked.

"It's ok." I replied quickly.

"Good then let's go." He grabbed my wrist.

"Where?" I asked.

"To your place." He said. Why?

"My place?" I asked.

"Get you some fresh clothes." He answered and led me to the car outside.

"Since when do you have a car?" I asked.

"It's not mine. It's a friend's car that isn't in korea right now." I kept quiet. "I had to sell my car to pay some things."

"What things?" I asked.

"Don't ask." I kept quiet. We stopped at a red light. He looked at me.

"Why do I have to pretend I'm your girlfriend? Why are you lying to your parents?" I asked. He put his hand on my thigh. I shivered.

"What are the scars on your ankles? Why didn't you tell me you got kidnapped?" I kept quiet. He was looking at me, no expression. "Just like you, I don't want to talk about those things." He sighed. I kept looking at him.

"I'm wasting time, pretending to be your girlfriend. I should know." I informed him.

"I'm wasting time helping you with your trauma. I deserve to know too." He answered. He put his hand away from my thigh. He started driving again.

I kept looking at his side profile.

He's really something else. I really want to run my hands through his hair. "Don't overdo the staring." I looked away.

"Fine, I'm not gonna tell you you have a spider crawling down the back of your head." He stopped the car.

"Take it off. Kill it. I swear if it crawls into my clothes your dead." I hit the back of his head. "Ouch!" He yelped. "Is it dead?"

"What is?" I asked. He looked at me.

"The spider." He said.

"What spider?" He finally understood and I just smiled.

We got to my place and I walked in. "There you are." Rafael said. He hugged me. "How have you been?"

"I'm good. Make yourself at home I'll spend the weekend at a friend's place." I said packing some stuff.

"Friend? Perhaps boyfriend?" He asked. I looked at him. "Sweet is he outside? I want to meet him. No I need to meet him." Rafael just walked outside. I followed with my stuff. He saw Lucas and gave him a man hug. Lucas didn't know what to do. "Oh you're her coworker, right? Ah you are handsome. You're a lucky man. She never had a serious boyfriend before. I mean she never had a boyfriend." Rafael said.

"Rafa! Stop it." I said.

"She's young but she knows what she wants. She's hard to deal with, isn't she." Lucas just looked at the floor chuckling. I was frustrated.

"Great, you met now let's go." I walked to the car but rafa held me by my arm wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"Look at her. She's beautiful isn't she?" He smiled at Lucas.

"Ok Rafael, sleep t-"

"She is." I heard Lucas say.