XXIV

We were sitting by the River and looking at the city lights and the stars.

He became awkward ever since he blurted it all out

He became awkward ever since he blurted it all out. "Talk to me." I begged.

"I want to tell you soo much but I kind of already said it all in the most unromantic way." I giggled.

"Just tell me how you feel. How I make you feel." I said, looking at him. He just took a deep breath.

"I actually never did this." He said.

"What? Really?" I asked. Wtf how?

"No one ever made me feel the way you do. I also never had the time to let someone make me feel the way you do. I mean I still didn't have time, but you managed to make me feel good. You helped me so much. Whenever I was with you, I forgot how sick my mom was. That never happened before. I have no worries when I'm with you. You make me feel good, happy, safe from all my problems. You were also the first person that opened up to me and made me open up to them. Whenever I woke up with you next to me, i knew it was going to be a good day. I just knew your presence would make it all better. The times I woke up alone, as soon as I opened my eyes I felt sad. All day long. You told me that I should make it clear. If I want you to leave or not. Obviously I don't want you to leave. Never. I want to be with you at all times. I want to see you everyday. That's why when you were with your friends I would randomly appear. Because seeing you, just seeing you and checking if you are healthy, made my day. I could sleep." He blurted out. I reached for his hand and grabbed it tightly. He turned his body a little more to me. "You wouldn't understand, how much I like you. How hard I have fallen for you. How my heart beats for you and the butterflies dance to your laugh. You wouldn't know." I looked him in the eyes. He looked sad but satisfied.

"You know why you kissed me yesterday?" I asked. He looked down.

"No." I put my hand under his chin pulling his head up to face me.

"Because I told you I like you." His eyes went wide. "I do. Whenever I was with other people trying to keep living my life without you, it didn't work. I would ask myself. Is he eating well? Is he sleeping well? I was worried. I was always hoping to find you in the streets. When I did you ran off. I felt like you were pushing me away. I tried to move on. I couldn't. It's like, I already belonged to you. I was yours already. I can't move on from you. That's why I came. I can't even teach the students because you were in my mind. I just can't. You too, you're the only one that makes me feel safe. My sleep paralysis stopped after you were there. You were by my side. My worries and fears were gone. I realized that I call for you when I wake up from a nightmare. Because you are the only one I really trust. Just like you, I have fallen, deeply." His face lit up.

"So you like me, actually? Literally? Say it." I giggled.

"YukHei! I like you." He smiled brightly. He put a hand behind my neck and pulled me to him. His lips touched mine. They were soft and warm. This was different. This was honest, it felt right. His other hand was on my waist pulling me close. I rest my hands on his shoulder and neck.

We pulled away and he smiled. He then held my necklace. "She was right." He breathed out. I kissed him on the lips.

"Thank God she was." He smiled again.

We were walking back. We got to the car and drove back home. He rest his hand on my thigh. I put my hand on top of his. "This is perfect. I'm happy."

We got to my place and got in. We are not planning on leaving the other alone tonight. I put some short shorts on and a tank top as my pijamas. I walked back to the room and Lucas was in his boxers.

"Aren't you going to put a shirt on? I mean not that I don't enjoy this view, but it might get cold during the night." I said. He wrapped his arms around my waist pressing me against his chest.

"We'll keep each other warm." He said, smirking.

"I am warm already." I looked up at him trying to avoid his bare chest against mine. He chuckled. We laid down and cuddled. Never thought he'd be a cuddling kinda guy. I fell asleep in his arms. Warm and safe.