Chapter X

Time flew by for Beca and Chloe and it was creeping up to their one month anniversary. It wasn't a long period of time but the couple had been devoted and they were happy with their relationship aside from the obvious of them not being able to be public about it. Beca wasn't the romantic type but when it came to Chloe, she was all hearts and flowers for the redhead, so she wanted to plan something for their one month anniversary.

Beca had finished Atonement, which she thought was boring and pointless, but she studied it in order to not only get good grades but to impress Chloe, which she still didn't admit to the older woman. She had just finished her first assignment for English and was eager to give it to Chloe. She knew she'd get another grade and not just because Chloe was her girlfriend, but because she studied hard and put the effort in.

Beca had also joined the soccer team at her school and she loved it. Coach McCarran thought the brunette had great potential and was a natural, just like Tom said. The team had a few games and Beca was becoming quite the star amongst her fellow teammates. They would always look for Beca to pass her the ball and relied on her to make goals and bring the team to the victory. She was eager to go to soccer practice and enjoyed every moment of it, even the demanding exercise, which made the student fitter and stronger.

Every now and then Chloe would watch Beca train or play and it made her smile, not to mention turn her on. Chloe still had sex on her mind but she wasn't dying to have it with Beca. Of course, she wanted to but she liked the fact that they were taking things slow. Chloe had previous relationships where she did have sex and it ruined things, so the redhead didn't want that to happen with her and Beca. The brunette was too precious to her and she would do everything she could to protect their relationship.

Beca was also feeling good about her relationship with Chloe. She found that the redhead made her happier and more optimistic. She'd smile and laugh more and saw the good in people, even in Aubrey, although she still liked to tease her during class. Katherine noticed Beca's mood within the first week or so of Beca and Chloe dating. Beca obviously didn't tell her mother but just said that she was enjoying school due to the fact that it was her last year and she wanted to make the most of it, which she was most certainly doing.

It was the day before Beca and Chloe's anniversary and Beca was going through what she had planned for the next night. Beca had organised a special date with her girlfriend and it would be the first time that the couple would actually go out together. The brunette got the help of Stacie when it came to some of the romantic stuff since she wasn't great at it. Stacie had told Beca to be more open and do something special for her girlfriend - something deep and meaningful, even something personal. The thought of doing something like that made Beca's stomach knot but when she thought that it would be for Chloe, she settled and was willing to do it.

Chloe also had plans for their anniversary. Chole never celebrated things like one month or six-month anniversary's but she thought it was an achievement that she and Beca were still happy together with their relationship that was still in the dark. She also thought it was cute that Beca wanted to do something special. If they weren't hiding their relationship they probably wouldn't have planned to do anything but they were hiding it, and they had accomplished a lot together in a short period of time. They got to know each other better, even if Beca's walls were difficult to tear down, Chloe still got to see bits of the real Beca Mitchell and that meant the world to the redhead.

After dinner, Beca was sitting at her desk finishing up on her music assignment, which she was pretty happy with. She had finished her song and was just doing some final tweaks on it to make it perfect. Beca had planned to play her song for Chloe the following night. Even though the brunette was using her song for her assignment, she made it from the depths of her heart. It was a very personal and emotional song. Beca was glad that Mr. Price chose Blues for the genre. It allowed Beca to explore her feelings and channel them into her songwriting. To Beca, it was one of her proudest pieces she had ever created and she couldn't wait to show it to Chloe.