Chapter XXXVIII

Beca didn't really want to go to school the following day but Chloe had persuaded her since she said that it would get Beca's mind off things and help her deal with her emotions, and Chloe was right. As soon as Beca got talking with her friends she felt better. She didn't think about her father at all. She just focused on her work, her music, and Chloe. The redhead had sent Beca texts throughout the day making sure that she was okay after last night to which Beca replied that she was and thanked her girlfriend for being there for her.

Chloe was yet to tell the brunette that Tom knew about their relationship and she didn't want to during that time since Beca had enough on her plate. However, Chloe knew the importance of telling Beca things, especially if it linked back to their relationship. So, at the end of English class, Chloe decided to keep Beca behind and tell her the news.

Chloe: Stay behind, baby. xxx

Beca looked at her phone and smiled as she finished up her writing exercise. The bell rang soon after and everyone left the classroom with Beca staying behind as instructed.

"Oh God, are you two going to make out again?" Stacie spoke once everyone was gone.

"Stace, we don't do that here," Beca told her.

"Oh, please, spare me. You two can't keep your hands off each other. Don't try and fool me. I'm onto you." Stacie pointed at her eyes then pointed her fingers at the couple, making them both laugh.

"Please refrain from having sex on my table," Stacie told them as she moved towards the door.

"Get out of here, you perve!" Beca teased.

"Gladly."

Chloe giggled then turned to Beca once Stacie had left.

"We're totally going to make out, aren't we?" Beca purred, stepping closer to her girlfriend who was leaning against her desk.

"As much as I'd love that, cutie, there's something I've got to tell you."

"Oh? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, everything's fine... it's just..." She sighed. "Tom knows about us."

"Tom? As in Mr. Cameron?"

"Yes,"

"How?" Beca asked almost in the form of a yell.

"He was onto us."

"But we were so careful!"

"We were but he knew. If it's any consolation he won't tell anyone. He only found out because he was watching carefully because he-" Chloe stopped herself.

"Because he what, Chlo?"

Chloe sighed again. "Because he still has feelings for me."

"That's a no-brainer."

"You're not mad?"

"No - I trust you and I trust him, too."

"You do?"

"Not completely but yeah, I do. You're right when you said that he's a good guy. He hasn't made any advances towards you and he's helped take your mind off Aubrey. I'm actually glad that you've replaced her with him - he's a much better option."

"Okay, first of all, I haven't replaced Aubrey - no one can replace her. Secondly, I'm proud of you for not hating on him like you once did."

"No, no one can replace that hypocritical control freak, and thank you. I've matured a lot since we got together."

"You have and you make me prouder each day."

"Thank you." Beca smiled a cute smile, which caused Chloe to cave and plant a gentle kiss on her girlfriend's lips.