Chapter XXVI

After soccer practice, Beca went home and packed an overnight bag, telling her mother that she was staying over at Stacie's again since she wanted to spend more time with Hayley before she left. Katherine was shocked at how much time the girls were spending together but she did know that they were best friends and they only lived five minutes from each other.

Beca didn't stay at Stacie's of course, she went to Chloe's. Since Beca was still adamant about getting Chloe to confess that she got jealous earlier that day, she decided to wear a low cut top with a push-up bra and brag about how good Hayley was at soccer practice. Beca was a little nervous about how the night would go down but she was more excited than anything. She knew how to push her teacher's buttons and was determined to push them in all the right places.

The brunette arrived at Chloe's apartment and was let straight up as soon as she pushed the button. Since the door was open, Beca walked straight into Chloe's apartment and saw the redhead in sweatpants and a t-shirt, standing at the kitchen counter.

"Hey, beautiful," Beca greeted, putting her bag in Chloe's room straight away.

"Hey, baby! I'm just making dinner."

"I thought I smelt something nice. What are you making?" Beca stepped over to Chloe and slipped her arms around her.

"Parmesan herb chicken and orzo."

"Wow. It looks and smells delicious." Beca reached forward to try and steal a piece of chicken but Chloe smacked her hand away. "Hey!"

"Not until it's ready."

"But I'm hungry!" She whined.

"Keep your wig on, it'll be ten minutes, max."

Beca huffed then helped herself to a glass of water.

"How was soccer practice?" Chloe asked, which is exactly what Beca was waiting for.

"Yeah, it was great! Hayley did really well."

"I was asking more about you."

"Oh, yeah, I did well I suppose. Coach McCarron said that she wanted me to be the captain of the team."

"She did?" Chloe said excitedly.

"Yes, she did and you know it."

"And?" Chloe stopped cooking and turned to Beca, finally noticing her low-cut top, which made her swallow and flush a little.

"Looks like I'm going to be the captain starting next week."

"Ah!" Chloe squealed and engulfed Beca in a tight hug. "I knew it! Well done, baby!"

"Thank you!" Beca laughed and hugged the redhead back.

"Captain Mitchell," Chloe said once they separated. "I love it. What's your number?"

"Twelve."

"I'll be sure to look out for it then when I can't find your pretty face."

"Flattery will only get you so far, Beale."

"I doubt that," Chloe smirked then turned back to making dinner.

"Anyway, I think Hayley's going to join her school's soccer team when she gets home." Beca continued.

"That's good. You must be a good teacher for her to want to join."

"Yeah, I'd like to think I am. I mean, what's not to like?" She teased.

"Obviously."

"She's really good at playing. She's quick with her feet and really fast. She's a natural and she'd suit the uniform, too. I can't wait to see her in her own soccer uniform with her name on the back."