Chapter XXIII

Beca hadn't spoken to Chloe for the rest of the week. She ignored her in class and acted as if she were nobody. It hurt Chloe deeply but she understood Beca's actions. Chloe wasn't blind to the fact that she was a hypocrite and this time she wasn't sure how she was going to make it right between her and Beca.

The brunette was pissed and was more angry than upset. She felt somewhat powerful since she had the upper hand with Chloe, but it wouldn't last forever. Beca wanted to get back with Chloe more than anything but her little stunt with Tom put their relationship on hold and Beca wasn't sure if she was ever going to go back to Chloe. The whole situation was messed up.

It was Friday night and Beca was out with her friends plus Hayley who was happy that Beca came around and fixed things with her. Hayley still felt guilty and wished Beca all the best with her girlfriend but Beca didn't have the heart to tell the girl what Chloe had done.

Beca had told Stacie what Chloe did and for the first time, the tall brunette didn't know what to do. On one hand, Stacie knew how much Beca loved Chloe and how miserable she was without her, but on the other hand, Chloe did something wrong and it hurt Beca, just as much if not more than when Chloe broke up with her.

Since not everyone was legal to drink, the group of friends took alcohol from their houses and went down to the river to relax. Beca had already established with her friends that she was NOT going to be the designated driver, even though she took her truck. So, Jesse, being the good friend that he was, volunteered to drive the crew home. It also helped that he knew how to drive Beca's truck as well.

Beca was already into her third beer of the night. She wanted to get drunk in order to forget about everything that happened between her and Chloe.

"Hey," Beca said as she sat next to Hayley who was huddled up in the back of Beca's truck. 

The brunette brought along blankets for her friends since it was quite cold outside and her friends loved huddling up together in the back.

"Hey," the girl smiled.

"How are you doing?"

"Yeah, good. I really am sorry about what happened, Beca,"

"Shh, don't worry about it. How are you doing? Physically and emotionally."

"Yeah, I'm doing okay. I told my parents about what's been going on with me and they're going to get me some help."

"That's great! I'm really proud of you, Hays."

"Thanks." The girl smiled.

"Now, I plan to get very drunk tonight so if there's anything you want to get off your chest you best say it now because I won't be able to hold a serious conversation soon."

Hayley giggled. "No, I don't. Go wild."

"That's what I like to hear." Beca winked then hopped up and left the back of her truck and went over to the river where Fat Amy and Stacie were skipping stones across the water.

"Mind if I join in?" Beca asked.

"Sure, go ahead." Stacie smiled.

Beca picked up a stone and threw it at the water.

"Nice one! The best so far is ten." Fat Amy said.

"Ten, hey? You're on." Beca picked up another stone and flung it.

"How are you feeling?" Stacie asked the shorter woman.

"Feeling like tonight is a good night to get drunk off my ass. I don't want to talk about anything else." Beca said firmly.