Chapter XXIX

Christmas morning was filled with happiness and joy for Beca. The brunette was woken up bright and early by Jack who was jumping up and down excited that Santa had come. Beca went downstairs and started opening her presents with the rest of her family. Beca was speechless after her mother got her a brand new soundboard for her mixing and it was the best present of the lot. Beca got her mother a silver necklace with a heart on it. Engraved on the heart was Beca's name and birthday so she carried Beca's heart wherever she went. Beca thought it would be a cute and cheesy gift since Katherine loved that sort of stuff. She put the necklace on straight away and swore to never take it off.

"Bec!" Jack sat on Beca's lap and showed her a bright purple dinosaur toy that he just got.

"Wow! Is that yours?" She asked in a high-pitched tone.

"Yeah!"

"Can I see it?"

"Yeah!"

Beca took the toy and pretended to be just as excited about it as Jack.

"RAWRRR!" Beca pushed the toy forward into Jack's neck and tickled him with it, emitting loud giggles from the boy.

"Thank you, Katherine!" Ava beamed when she opened a box with a silver bracelet inside. "It's beautiful!"

"That's the style you like, right?"

"It is. I love it. Thank you, darling."

"You're welcome." Katherine hugged her mother. "Merry Christmas, mom."

"Merry Christmas, sweetie."

"Oh my God, Meg!" Katie squealed when she unwrapped a short and colourful skirt. "I've been looking for this skirt for months! Where did you find it?"

"I brought it online. It was tough to find but I knew how much you wanted it so I got it."

"You're the best! I love it!" Katie gave her sister a hug. "Thank you."

"You're welcome."

"Oh, Markus," Lisa gasped when she saw opened a box to a large diamond ring.

"Merry Christmas, Lis," he smiled.

"You remembered!"

"How could I forget? You kept leaving pictures of the damn thing around the house!" He laughed as did everyone else.

"And it worked. Thank you." She leaned over and gave her husband a gentle kiss. "And this is for you." Lisa handed Markus his gift.

The man unraveled the paper to find a small box. He opened it and saw a blue and silver watch staring back at him.

"You found it!"

"It was the last one in the line so I got it before anyone else could. Merry Christmas, Marky."

"Thank you, darling." He kissed her cheek and slid the watch onto his wrist, smiling at it contently.

Beca was grinning at her family who were all enjoying their presents. Jack was still perched on Beca's lap as he surrounded them with his toys and encouraged Beca to play with him, which she did gladly.

"Alright, I think it's time that we get started on breakfast. Come on, you," Ava stood, tugging her husband along with her into the kitchen.

"Girls, why don't you clean up while we help grandma and grandpa in the kitchen?" Lisa said.

"Okay, mom." Katie agreed and the young ones cleaned up the mess while the adults got breakfast ready.

"You still up for the Hill today, Mitchell? Sure you don't want to back out before it's too late?" Katie teased, screwing up wrapping paper and tossing it into a large box that they used as a bin.