Chapter XXXII

"Are you comfortable, sweetie?" Katherine asked once she helped Beca down the stairs and over to the dining table.

"Yes, mom. Thanks."

Katherine placed Beca's crutches against the wall once Beca was seated and began putting the finishing touches on their dinner. The brunette was at the end of the table, using the seat to her left as a support for her ankle.

"Are you excited?" Katherine asked.

"Yeah, a little."

"I can't wait to see Chloe again. It'll be good to catch up and see how she's doing."

A few moments later the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it!" Katherine sang, walking over to the door and opening it to Chloe who was in jeans, tan heels, and a pale blue blouse with a black jacket. "There she is!"

"Hello, Kat!" Chloe beamed and hugged the older woman.

"It's good to see you again!"

"You, too! I didn't know what to bring so I got some wine." Chloe held up a bottle of red once they finished their hug.

"Oh, you didn't have to bring anything, darling. Come on in."

"Thank you." Chloe stepped inside after Katherine took the wine. "Lovely house you have, Kat."

"Thank you. It's severed us well. Come into the kitchen." Katherine led Chloe into the kitchen where Beca was playing on her phone.

"Hey, you," Chloe stole Beca's attention away from her device.

"Hey, you," Beca smiled, happy that her girlfriend was finally in her house.

"Take a seat, Chloe. Dinner's almost ready." Katherine told her.

"Thank you." Chloe sat next to Beca, slipping her jacket off and hanging it on the back of her chair.

"What? No kiss?" Beca spoke.

"Oh," Chloe looked over at Katherine who had her back to the couple.

The redhead leaned in and planted a soft kiss on Beca's lips.

"What's wrong?" Beca asked.

"Nothing, I'm just a little nervous."

"Don't be. Mom's cool with it."

"That might take me a while to get used to." Chloe looked over at Beca's cast-bound wrist that was resting on her lap. "How's your hand?"

"Sore but the pain-killers help with that."

"What about your ankle?"

"The same. It's getting better though."

"That's good. What's that?" Chloe noticed a small blue handprint on the brunette's cast.

"Oh, that's Jack's handprint. He wanted to put something on my cast to remind me of him so we got some paint out and let him put his handprint on it."

"That's so cute!"

"I know, now I won't be able to throw the damn thing away when it comes off."

"Oh, I think you will when the time comes." Chloe laughed.

"Alright, dinner is here!" Katherine stepped over to the dining table and placed an assortment of vegetables down and a dish filled with buffalo chicken casserole.

"Oh wow," Chloe was aback by the amount of food Katherine had prepared.

"Told you," Beca smirked.