TWENTY ONE

TWENTY ONE

I stood there, it felt like someone had attempted to pour down ice cold water on me, but failed. If I was being honest, I believe that Henry was more surprised than I was. Something inside of me had told me that Ingrid knew, always knew, what was going on between her husband and her daughter. The only thing that really, truly, caught me off guard was how much she didn't care. I often compared her to my mother, compared how she and my mother were so much alike.

But my mother would let my father do that to me, and be okay with it.

Ingrid walked away, me and Henry just stood there in silence for a couple of minutes before he finally realized she wasn't coming back to clarify anything further. I saw him sigh, sit down and stare at the floor in utter surprise. I didn't know what I was supposed to do.

"I'm sorry I told you." I said and he looked up, confused.

"Why would you be sorry for that? I'm glad you told me. Morgan needs help, to get away from those disgusting people." Henry said and I both agreed and disagreed. It just wasn't that easy. I've personally never experienced what Morgan has and is experiencing now, but I knew it wasn't that simple. If it was, Morgan would had run away from it a long time ago.

"Should we go to the police?" Henry said and I grabbed his arm, thinking he was going to move, but he just stood there.

"We can't. There is nothing they can do, or we can do." I said and Henry was more confused.

"What are you talking about? We can't just stand here, knowing all of that then what, just ignore it?" Henry said and at this point I wanted to slap him. I know he was probably just acting this way out of shock, but he needed to think clearly.

"Henry, her dad is a powerful man. Even my egocentric self-centered mother knows that, so much that she's kissing his ass right in front of that bitch Ingrid. Don't you think something would have been done by now if it was just that easy? Do you really think Morgan could possibly be that stupid that she'd just let whatever happen happen?" I said and Henry was slowly calming down and taking in what I was saying.

Again, being honest, I actually don't know if Morgan was dumb enough to let something like this be done to her. I don't know. I really don't know. I didn't know much about it, just what little information was given to me. And nothing in that information or when Morgan was telling me did I feel a hint of help or wanting to exit this life. When I think about it now, does Morgan really hate it?

"Promise me you won't tell anyone. Morgan trusted that with me, and I only told you because I needed someone to look after her in the party as well. I couldn't trust Jacqueline or Angel with this information. I don't even know if Angel knows. But it's best we keep it to ourselves. Don't tell Morgan I told you. Just... Keep an eye on them. Make sure they don't go somewhere together alone, if possible keep them apart." I said and walked out of the library.

I wanted to look for Morgan, have a sit down and ask her how she truly felt. In a sense, she'd be away from that disgusting human who calls himself her father.

"Alex!" I heard Jacqueline call me. I turn and see her standing there with Hannah and Bailey.

"We've been looking all over for you." Hannah sounded disappointed. I turn to look at the side, but I didn't see Morgan. I didn't want to just be rude and walk away from Jacqueline and the girls. They came with good intentions and as soon as Morgan swoops in I automatically ditch them for her.

"I'm sorry, I just caught up with a conversation with one of my mother's friends after I toured Henry around." I said and Bailey slid her arm onto mine and grinned. On the other side was Hannah and they were leading me to the garden.