TWENTY NINE

TWENTY NINE

New Year's had rolled in quickly. We all spent it at the apartment. The view from the place was high enough to see all throughout New York City, and watch all the fireworks being set off in different places. We initially wanted to visit Times Square but Tom had advised us that there was just too much people, and that he'd prefer us all inside the house safe and surrounded by an abundance of food.

When the following day had come by, we only had a week left to stay before heading back to England. My father and Alice had left that morning. It was pretty tough telling my father goodbye, because it was slowly dragging me back into the reality that soon I will be in England, back to my sessions with Dr. Palmer and my mother, which I have been dreading. And yet, she has not to called or texted me. I even initiated by texting her a Happy New Year with a stupid picture of a dog but I got nothing back in return.

Colin had initially wanted to stay longer, but a phone call from his assistant had changed his plans. He left along with Alice and my father, which was a big relief to me and Henry, who couldn't have been more cheerful bidding him goodbye. Going as far as helping Colin with his bags to the elevator. He was just too cheerful that even Tom was weirded out.

We rode out the entire week by just staying in. We had only gone out once, and that was just to appeal to Angel's urge to shop around New York before leaving. And I never knew how much of a shopaholic Angel was. I think we had circulated the entire state of New York just looking at different shops. But Morgan and her were having fun, and so was I.

At the end of the week, hours before our flight I began to pack my things. I felt my phone buzzing and so I fished it out of my pocket. And I felt stupid expecting it to be my mother, to even just have that weird feeling of wanting it to be my mother. Then the annoying feeling of disappointment I had when I realized it wasn't her. It was all bothering me so much, because this wasn't something I wanted.

It was a text from Jacqueline, telling me she was back at boarding school.

I can't wait to see you! I have a gift for you, and I hope you'll like it. Bailey and Hannah just came too. We're all excited! COME BACK ALREADY!!

I did find myself smiling at the text nonetheless. I sat back down on my bed and decided to see if I could reach my mother's cell, but instead a busy tone was given to me. I couldn't tell if she was really busy talking to someone or if she had purposely pressed decline to ignore my call. I felt sad either way.

Christ, why was I fucking sad?

I scrolled through my contacts and found the number for the institution. Maybe Sarah could get this feeling off my chest by simply being her.

"I'm sorry but she's not here right now." The nurse said and I honestly found it so odd that Sarah wasn't there. I didn't bother to ask because I knew that they would just tell me that such information was confidential and all that other shit.

I simply continued packing and waited for our ride to arrive so we could all head to the airport.

I hadn't realize that I had fallen asleep, until someone was slightly shaking me. I opened my eyes to find it was Morgan. She smiled and commented on how adorable I apparently looked lying down sleeping in a fetal position. Wesley came in the room and immediately grabbed my luggage. Morgan placed her arm around me and we walked downstairs together. We hopped on the elevator and I was still feeling a bit dazed from just waking up.

Before I knew it, we were on a plane back to England. I had fallen asleep way before we could even take off, and mid flight I found myself waking up. I was seated next to Morgan on the flight. Henry and Wesley were two seats away from us and Angel was five seats away from us since one of the passengers had asked to switch with her in order to sit next to her child.