TWENTY EIGHT

TWENTY EIGHT

The next two days was just filled with everyone trying to enjoy each other's company. Henry and I kept looking over at Morgan, making sure that she had a distance between her and her father. Luckily, Angel was next to her most of the time. This gave me an opportunity to spend time with my father. I wasn't having the same feeling I had when I was in the institution and he was constantly visiting me. This time, I actually enjoyed this company and wanted him here, wanting to spend time with him.

My mother on the other hand has yet to call me, or even send me a text. The only texts I've received were from Bailey and Amanda. Hannah had shot me one text greeting me happy holidays and Jacqueline, as she had mentioned before, was probably struggling with phone signal. I would be lying if I said that my mother not greeting me was a bit bothersome. This was the first Christmas I wasn't spending with her. It was a mother-free Christmas and it's something I've always wanted. But it bothered me that she wasn't greeting me, even if this is something I should expect.

"You sure are like your father." Colin surprised me. I was in the kitchen fixing myself something warm to drink. I jolted but tried to keep my composure. I didn't want him to sense how uncomfortable I was around him. But he probably knows this by now. I didn't bother to say anything and simply tried my best not to make eye contact either.

"I'm glad to see Morgan is gaining new friends." He continued on but I still resisted the urge to open my mouth. I just tried my best to rush with what I was doing, so I could leave.

"You're a quiet person, aren't you?" He said as he took a sip of his drink, leaning his back on the counter. I just looked at him and walked away.

He gave me the definite creeps.

That night we all went out to eat. Most of the restaurants were full, but Alice was able to find us a place to eat. I made it a point to sit next to Morgan. Angel and her had sat down, and I noticed that Colin was eyeing the empty seat next to Morgan. Before he could even approach it I had already grabbed the chair, pulled it and sat down. I felt the glares he probably had on me. But I didn't give a damn. I wasn't going to give him the opportunity of groping Morgan in a place where she couldn't even react.

Dinner was amazing. We were enjoying dessert at this point. Everyone opted for a blueberry cheesecake. Laughter was spreading across the table. Alice kept telling stories about her and Henry when they were younger. Embarrassing stories that had Henry rolling his eyes on a continuous loop. Morgan had excused herself, and I found myself completely occupied in a conversation with Wesley.

I didn't realize how much I actually had in common with him. When I had first met him, I had to admit that he did annoy me a tad bit, but I slowly realized it was just him being a nice guy, and it was something absolutely foreign to me. But the past few days, I've gotten to know him better and we both raved about books and films we enjoyed. It felt great to have a new friend like Wesley.

I had turn to face my father. Only to be distracted by the fact that Colin was missing from the seat next to my father and Henry. I looked next to me and found that Morgan wasn't back either. I shot a look at Henry, who luckily noticed and was quick to realize the worried look on my face. I suddenly felt uneasy, my anxiety increasing at the possibilities running through my head. I got up and excused myself, rushing towards the restroom on the other end of the restaurant.

"I'll stop by tonight." I heard Morgan's voice. I stood right next to the men's restroom door, it was open enough for me to hear what was going on inside. The restaurant was relatively noisy, but Morgan didn't seem to even consider whispering. I tried to peek in a bit more, but before I could the door had opened wide and I came face to face with Colin.