Prologue

~*~  

~*~  

"Left alone in this sandcastle, looking at this broken mask."

~*~

Jungkook rolled over, swiftly turning off the shrill sound of his alarm. One would think a frown would be present on his thin pink lips, however, it was quite the opposite. Rather, a soft smile illuminated his face despite the fact that he was up much earlier than he was used to on the weekend.

In truth, he had been unable to sleep after he had set his mind on what he would do today. A decision that would change everything around him. He just hoped it was for the better. 

The worry had kept him up all night, twisting and turning, unable to close his eyes. For someone who was known to most likely sleep through an apocalypse, it was a surprise he hadn't gotten a moment's rest.

Jungkook was part nerves and part excitement as he jumped out of bed, rushing through his morning routine. He brushed his teeth, took a shower at breakneck speed, before pulling on his infamous white tee and black jeans. He was blow-drying his hair when his phone went off.

"Jin hyung," he shouts into the phone, picking it up immediately after reading the name on the screen. He is met with a shout of annoyance from the other side. Jungkook can't help but laugh as he places the phone on speaker to continue fixing his hair.

"Yah! Jungkook do you want to destroy my ears," Jin complains, "are you really that excited to see us all today?"

"Nope! I'm excited because I will finally tell him how I feel! And hyung, I think he feels the same," Jungkook gushed happily, unable to stop his bunny smile from making an appearance.

It was a smile so pure. So full of hope and love.

"Aish! You're really something, aren't you," Jin pretends to be offended, but Jungkook could hear the smile in the other's voice, "also, why are we tagging along? You two should have just gone on a date so you could confess easier."

"No," Jungkook drawls out the 'o', whining, "hyung! I cannot have him thinking this is a date! I wish to confess before a date happens because when I do take him out, I want our first date to be special."

Heat creeps up Jungkook's cheeks as he thinks of the man he loves. He wanted all his firsts to be with him. To be special.

"Ah, you're too cute Jungkookie," Jin coos, "very well, we will be there. Don't you be late!"

"I'm getting ready right now! Don't worry, I won't be late, Eomma Jin," Jungkook laughs, appreciating the motherly nature of Jin. Jin merely chuckles in amusement and love before bidding him goodbye for the time being, hanging up the phone.

Jungkook turns his attention to his reflection, combing his dark brown hair slightly back off his forehead. It had been several years and Jungkook had grown.